Waterfall House - Bitton, Nr Bath & Bristol, Somerset, England - Sleeps 16-20
Waterfall House sleeps sixteen to twenty guests (plus two babies in cots) and is an exceptional large holiday home affording a picturesque riverside position amongst beautiful countryside which is a haven for wildlife. Overlooking the River Boyd within the Golden Valley, Waterfall House nestles amongst five acres of private grounds and provides the perfect retreat for friends or family who want to celebrate a special occasion or enjoy a few nights away together.
Formerly two 16th Century mill workers' cottages, the property is now united as one and provides an exceptional family house with spacious accommodation which also includes a garden annexe (forming dormitory sleeping and the games room), along with an additional annex which can also be used for sleeping.
Overlooking a waterfall with the river running past and lovely countryside views beyond, Waterfall House provides a wonderful oasis of peace and tranquility and was used for filming the television series "Halcyon River Diaries". The kingfishers and otters are still in residence and can often be seen on the river or terrace.
Located under a mile from the Somerset village of Bitton, Waterfall House is equidistance between Bath and Bristol (just six miles) and sits on the outskirts of the Cotswold Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Conveniently located, there are certainly no shortage of attractions within the surrounding area for those who can tear themselves away from the peace and beauty of Waterfall House. Bitton itself provides a good range of amenities including local shops for stocking up on provisions, a post office and a lovely pub.
Easily accessible, Waterfall House is only an hour and a half drive from London (ninety minutes by high speed train) and just nine miles from Junction 18 on the M4.
- Internet Access
- Hot Tub
- Open Fire
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Waterside Location
- Garden/Outside Area
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Tennis Onsite
- Fishing Onsite
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Waterfall House Continued
Accommodation is arranged over two floors and comprises:
- Large country kitchen and breakfast room with warming red Aga and large windows letting the outside in and providing lovely views out over the river. With comfy seating, this is a lovely place to sit quietly where you may catch a glimpse of the otters playing in the river or on the terrace! Well equipped, the kitchen has a centre breakfast island with stools, along with integrated appliances including a large fridge/freezer and dishwasher.
- Spacious dining room with exposed beams and log burner providing comfortably seating for sixteen guests. Patio doors take you out onto the riverside terrace and into the garden.
- Living room which is also a generous size room with views over the garden and river. With the original fireplace housing a modern stove, flatscreen television and comfy seating, this is a cosy yet elegant room to relax after dinner.
- Twin/double bedroom with en-suite washroom.
- Impressive master bedroom suite offering the height of luxury with dressing room, wet room and huge Jacuzzi bath. A secret door provides direct access to the large hot tub.
- Four further double bedrooms all of a good size (one with a fully fitted en-suite bathroom).
- Family bathroom.
- Laundry room.
Outside: Extensive grounds of some five acres surround the property and include a tennis court, summer house, riverside terrace and wonderful kitchen garden. Within the grounds there is also a separate two-storey annexe with decking area, creating a games room and sleeping dormitory for four guests (plus sofa bed); along with an additional garden annex with double en-suite bedroom and kitchenette.
Additional information: Dogs welcome. Internet available. Price includes bed linen and electricity. Large pool table available. If you would like to use the hot tub, there is an additional charge of £75. The cost of heating is included between 1st October to 1st April - outside of these dates it will be charged according to the cost of heating oil. Table available to seat all guests. Early and late departure may be available for an additional small fee two weeks before arrival depending on availability. Please bring your own towels.
Low Season from £1650
Mid Season from £2350
High Season from £2950
Peak Season £4250
Pets: Yes 3 or more dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 16-20 people in 8 bedrooms (1 king, 4 doubles, 1 grnd fl twin/double, dorm sleeping 4 + annex with double)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Yes
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: No
Owner: Sarah Campos, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Waterfall House joined Independent Cottages in Sep 2014
Owner's Other Properties
PLEASE NOTE. This property is generally not available during the week. PLEASE ENQUIRE Fittings are included in the rental from 1 October to 1 April. The hot tub is an extra charge for £75
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 5th August 2017
Approximate Location of Waterfall House
The owner has requested that the exact location not be shown, please contact the owner for the precise location of Waterfall House