Templecombe Park - Templecombe, Somerset, England - Sleeps 22
Templecombe Park is a magnificent manor house that sleeps up to twenty two guests in nine bedrooms. With heaps of old world character, perfectly blended with stylish contemporary conveniences, this impressive property is an exceptional retreat for those looking for a venue for a large group of friends, family or group celebration.
Sitting within beautifully presented grounds, guests can enjoy luxurious facilities including an indoor heated swimming pool, a hot tub for star gazing in the courtyard, a tennis court (hard surface) for those who fancy a friendly game and an impressive dining room that provides an ideal setting for any special occasion. The gardens provide plenty of space for everyone to relax and the opportunity for the whole party to enjoy outdoor living when the weather is warm. As you arrive, neatly pruned hedges and potted tubs greet you at the front of the property whilst at the back the terrace and courtyard provide an ideal place for drinks and meals outside. Wander the rose clustered walkway, through the lavender garden and see what is growing in the vegetable garden, or simply relax on the lawn and listen to the rustle of the palm trees. The sweeping lawn at the front is fringed by mature shrubs and trees with a ha-ha where you will find a duck pond (enclosed) and paddock with large lake beyond.
Conveniently placed, Templecombe Park sits in West Somerset equidistant from Shaftesbury and Yeovil and is within easy reach of the many attractions of not only Somerset but also Dorset and Hampshire. The area is known for its water meadows, fertile farmland and mellow coloured villages dotted with traditional pubs. Attractions are plentiful including Wookey Hole, Longleat, Stonehenge, Cheddar Gorge, Salisbury and Wells.
Somerset has three picturesque AONB's, namely the Blackdown and Mendip Hills and the Quantocks, not forgetting Cranborne Chase AONB which straddles three counties - all providing plenty of opportunities for those who enjoy walking, cycling, horse riding and pure natural glory.
- Internet Access
- Swimming Pool
- Hot Tub
- Open Fire
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Tennis Onsite
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Stables/Livery Onsite
- Accessible via Public Transport
Templecombe Park Continued
- The impressive oak door greets you upon arrival and leads you into...
- Entrance hall with cloakroom.
- 'Snug' which is the smaller of the two sitting rooms yet spacious with a cosy feel enhanced by the open fireplace and views over the spectacular garden which can be accessed from this room via the door.
- Twin bedroom which also affords views of the garden.
- Impressive dining room with oak panels, open fire, gorgeous garden views and enough space for everyone to dine together - the perfect place for celebrating a special occasion.
- Drawing room which is huge and presented in two distinct spaces - one as a television area with large flatscreen and the other with an open fire for relaxing and chatting. A grand piano provides traditional entertainment if anyone in the party is gifted enough to play it.
- Country style kitchen at the heart of the house with lovely warming Aga (three oven) and all the equipment, crockery etc required to cater for the party. Off the kitchen is the garden room/conservatory with plenty of windows allowing the outside and sunshine to flood in. The perfect place for breakfast where everyone can sit around the refectory table.
- Fantastic pool house with changing room (including a shower room and utility room) which is heated with safety cover on the pool (this area can be locked for the safety of children).
- Two additional cloakrooms with WC.
- Two separate staircases take you up to...
- Large super-king size master bedroom with four-poster bed, en-suite bathroom, shower room and also a dressing room with plenty of clothes storage.
- Corner bedroom with king-size four-poster bed which again has plenty of space and an en-suite bathroom and dressing room.
- Romantic super-king size bedroom with attractive sleigh bed.
- Smaller double bedroom with views over the garden.
- Twin bedroom which also looks over the garden and has two single beds.
- Family bedroom with two singe beds and a sofa bed sleeping three guests. This spacious room affords its own bathroom and also a kitchenette.
Second floor (this floor is heated with electric heaters and does not have central heating)
- Attic room which sleeps four guests with two single beds and truckle beds underneath.
- Second attic bedroom with four single beds.
- Games room making this floor ideal for younger ones with a selection of games and billiard table (three quarter size).
Additional information: Well behaved dogs welcome. The property is not normally available during the week but please enquire should this be a requirement. Prices include bed linen and electricity. If you would like to use the hot tub, there is an additional charge of £75. The cost of heating is included between 1st October to 1st April - outside of these dates it will be charged according to the cost of heating oil. Early and late departure may be available for an additional small fee two weeks before arrival depending on availability. Please bring your own towels. Ground floor bedroom and living makes the property ideal for those with limited mobility. Catering is available by arrangement.
Low Season from £2500
Mid Season from £3500
High Season from £4500
Pets: Yes 3 or more dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 22 people in 9 bedrooms (2 Super-kings, 2 Twins, 1 Double, 1 King & 3 Family rooms)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Yes
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: No
Owner: Sarah Campos, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Templecombe Park joined Independent Cottages in Oct 2015
Owner's Other Properties
T&Cs apply, hot tub £75 and security deposit required. All prices are for the weekend. contact us for longer stays or midweeks if the house is not being used by the owners this may be possible.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 1st August 2017
Approximate Location of Templecombe Park
The owner has requested that the exact location not be shown, please contact the owner for the precise location of Templecombe Park