Mudford Manor - Upmudford, Nr Yeovil, Somerset, England - Sleeps 16
Mudford Manor Estate accommodates up to sixteen guests in six/seven bedrooms and affords penty of space with six reception rooms. It provides an ideal venue for large parties to relax or celebrate in a beautiful tranquil setting on the Somerset/Dorset borders.
Offering self-catering accommodation of a very high standard, Mudford Barn sits in the domain of Mudford Manor, a rural estate where time seems to stand still. Surrounded by fields all around, the location is a haven for wildlife and affords far-reaching views across the Rver Yeo and beyond to the village of Trent in Dorset.
Guests can walk around the estate, stroll along the river (try your hand at fishing or enjoy a picnic on the river bank) or find your way to the local gastro pub for lunch or dinner (they are happy to book you a taxi back!).
Mudford Barn offers child-friendly accommodation which includes a larger paddock for ball games and an enclosed lawn-area - ideal for letting off steam! The barn also accepts well behaved pets and is a perfect place for special celebrations, friends reunions, family holidays or a hen party. The beautiful dining room seats sixteen guests and provides an elegant place for a special meal or alfresco dine when the sun shines in the garden where there is outside seating for sixteen.
The barn provides all the facilities needed for self-catering but for those who would like a rest from cooking, catering can be arranged with the owner who is also happy to assist with supermarket deliveries.
If you are planning an action packed weekend, there are plenty of activities that can be arranged to keep everyone entertained including shooting, zorbing, horse riding, fishing, bushcraft, reservoir sailing, sea sailing at Weymouth and 'its a knock out' style sports to put some fun into the activities. For those who enjoy being pampered, treatments can be arranged with a beautician - perfect for hen nights and ladies days!
- Internet Access
- Hot Tub
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Fishing Onsite
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
Mudford Manor Continued
- Entrance leading into the dramatic galleried hall with flagstone floor and beautiful impressive oak staircase.
- Large comfortable sitting room with comfortable seating (including double sofa bed), stone fireplace with log burner and Sky television.
- Dedicated media room with Sky television where you can enjoy watching a film. There is unlimited wire-less internet access.
- Fantastic dining room with huge double height twin aspect windows providing plenty of natural light and there is a large traditional chandelier hanging from the old oak beamed vaulted roof, along with brick floor and exposed stone walls. A large oak dining table provides seating for sixteen guests in comfort.
- Spacious family kitchen with oak beams, two seating areas, range cooker and plenty of kitchen equipment for preparing a special supper or celebration.
- Ground floor suite which has a double bed which can also be made up as two singles, luxury double sofa bed and plenty of room for a cot.
- Utility area with washing machine and tumble drier, along with plenty of space for coats and boots.
- Games room with air hockey, pool table and a good selection of toys.
- Double bedroom with four poster bed and en-suite wet room.
- Master bedroom with zip n link double/twin beds, double sofa bed and en-suite bathroom. There is also plenty of room for a cot.
- Two pretty double/twin bedrooms with lovely views.
- Large double/twin bedroom with en-suite.
Outside: There is an enclosed kitchen garden where children can play with a selection of outdoor toys and a hot tub for the adults which seats eight. A gas BBQ is provided and garden furniture seating sixteen for alfresco dining. Plenty of parking for six cars. A private entrance takes you into the gardens and the barn is surrounded by ancient woodland and meadows where sheep and cattle graze. There is a river that meanders its way along the edge of the meadow where you can try your hand at fishing or enjoy a picnic in the warmer weather.
Low Season from £1500
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 16 people in 6 bedrooms (1 Double, 5 Double/Twins)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: Yes
Owner: Diane Vaughan, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Mudford Manor joined Independent Cottages in Dec 2012
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 7th December 2016