Montacute Court - Illchester, Somerset, England - Sleeps 28
Montacute Court is a fabulous large manor house sleeping up to twenty four guests in thirteen bedrooms with extensive grounds, hot tub and tennis court. Grade I Listed, this beautiful property is steeped in history and sure to impress anyone looking for a large self-catering venue for celebrating a special occasion with friends or family.
Nestling amidst glorious manicured gardens, Montacute Court dates back to medieval times and has all the character and charm you would hope for in a property of this age. It has seven bathrooms (and two separate WC's), four reception rooms for relaxing including a fabulous dining room with large table seating twenty guests, and a kitchen with everything needed to cater for the whole party.
Formerly the priest's home in residence at St Margarets Church, Montacute Court sits in the village of Tintinhull which is home to Tintinhull National Trust Gardens and The Crown and Victoria pub serving very good food. The village is close to the attractive market town of Sherborne and also within easy reach of Yeovil with plenty of shops for stocking up on provisions and a large country park.
The Somerset countryside provides endless opportunities for walkers and cyclists as well as attractions for day trips out. Both the Dorset and Devon coast are within easy driving distance, as is Glastonbury and the medieval Somerset town of Wells.
Whether you are planning a celebratory event or just want to get away with friends and family to a country manor for the weekend, Montacute Court is an excellent choice with plenty of room to relax and unwind inside and out.
- Internet Access
- Hot Tub
- Open Fire
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Tennis Onsite
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Montacute Court Continued
The houses history is long and fascinating, stretching as far back as when Henry VIII once owned it. As you walk through the enormous oak front doors and across the entrance hall flagstones, you get a real sense of the houses history and the amount of people who have been a part of this over the centuries.
- As you drive in through the gated entrance through the lovely front garden and park on the drive, the property is sure to provide a real 'wow' factor.
- Enormous oak doors take you into the entrance hall. Off this is...
- Winter drawing room with panelled walls and plenty of space to sit and relax in front of the log burner - a lovely room for pre or post dinner drinks. This room also has a sofa bed which can sleep an additional two guests if needed.
- Off the winter drawing room is a spacious summer drawing room which is another lovely place to congregate with lots natural light, polished wooden floor boards, plenty of seating and a wonderful open fire.
- Dining room which is sure to impress with inglenook fireplace and large table seating twenty guests.
- Opposite the dining room is the spacious kitchen with another table seating eight (a great place for the children to have supper) with large range Gas cooker set in a fireplace, dishwasher, American fridge/freezer, microwave and plenty of storage cupboards.
- Conservatory which gets lots of sun due to its south facing position and lovely views over the garden. There is a round table with seating for twelve and access out onto the garden terrace with outdoor furniture and BBQ for alfresco dining.
- Kingsize double bedroom.
- Family bathroom which has a shower over the bath, WC and wash basin.
- Twin bedroom with two single beds.
- Boot room/cloak room with a WC.
- Store room where you can keep outdoor gear, buggies etc.
First floor (this can be accessed by a lift - please notify at the point of booking should you wish to use this)
- Another large sitting room providing a lovely place to escape away for a quiet moment with a good book. There is also a television.
- Den which is accessed via its own spiral staircase - the little ones will love this space with two single beds.
- Master suite with lovely four poster kingsize bed.
- En-suite twin bedroom with two single beds. The en-suite has a WC, wash basin and Jacuzzi bath.
- Spacious double en-suite bedroom.
- Twin bedroom which is also very large with two single beds. Next door to this room is...
- Second family bathroom.
- Family suite with lovely ornate tester bed and en-suite bathroom.
- Twin bedroom.
- Double en-suite bedroom with Jacuzzi bath, WC and wash basin.
- Additional double bedroom which is next to a shower room.
- Family bedroom with four single beds.
- Games room with comfy seating, table and chairs for sitting up and playing games.
Outside: There is plenty of space to relax and unwind when the sun shines with several acres of grounds including lawned areas, formal gardens, tennis court, hot tub which seats eight, terrace for alfresco dining, loungers for sun bathing, pond and BBQ/fire pit areas. There is also plenty of off-road parking.
Additional information: Well behaved dogs welcome. Prices include bed linen and electricity - please bring your own towels. If you would like to use the hot tub, there is an additional charge of £75. The cost of heating is included between 1st October to 1st April - outside of these dates it will be charged according to the cost. Early and late departure may be available for an additional small fee two weeks before arrival depending on availability. Ground floor bedrooms/bathroom and a lift to the second floor (this needs to be pre-booked) make the property ideal for those with limited mobility. Catering is available by arrangement.
Low Season from £2550
Mid Season from £3750
High Season from £4150
Peak Season £5950
Pets: Yes 3 or more dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 28 people in 13 bedrooms (2 Kings, 5 Twins, 3 Doubles, 2 Family rms + sofa bed)
Group booking details:
All male groups: No
All female groups: No
Catering Available: Yes
Owner: Sarah Campos, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Montacute Court joined Independent Cottages in Feb 2017
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 5th August 2017
Approximate Location of Montacute Court
The owner has requested that the exact location not be shown, please contact the owner for the precise location of Montacute Court