Kingdom Cottage - West Horrington, Wells, Somerset, England - Sleeps 6
Kingdom Cottage sleeps six guests in three bedrooms and is a beautifully presented stylish holiday home ideally located close to the City of Wells, in the little hamlet of West Horrington in Somerset. Perfect for friends or families at any time of the year, this delightful contemporary retreat has been built using eco principles and finished to a high standard to ensure guests can enjoy a relaxing and memorable holiday when visiting the South West.
Sitting within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Kingdom Cottage is just two miles from Wells with its magnificent cathedral and moated Medieval Bishops Palace. It is within easy reach of some of the country's most iconic tourist attractions including world famous Stonehenge, the stone circles at Avebury, Glastonbury Tor with stunning views over the Somerset Levels, the buzzing city of Bristol and the magnificent Roman City of Bath with its impressive architecture. There are also National Trust properties and gardens to visit, Wookey Hole Caves, Cheddar Gorge, Longleat Safari Park, RSPB nature reserves, tracks and trails through the Mendip Hills for walkers and cyclists and golf courses for those who enjoy a game.
The local area provides a lovely setting for relaxing. Stroll through the village and soak up the beautiful views over Biddlecombe or venture a little further to Buddle House with its links to the lead mining industry. You can also walk to Wells and enjoy a meal in one of the pubs or restaurants and browse the shops (the weekly market on a Wednesday is great for stocking up on local goodies). Clarks shopping village and Frome with its independent shops are other good choices for those who enjoy shopping, as is Glastonbury. Whilst many associated Glastonbury with the famous festival, it also has some interesting and quirky shops and cafes, as well as the Rural Life Museum and Abbey.
Whether you are just looking for a few days away or a longer holiday, there are plenty of things to see and do in this lovely part of the West Country and no end of opportunities to simply relax and unwind.
- Internet Access
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Kingdom Cottage Continued
- Open plan sitting room with French doors that allow the outside to flood in, comfy seating for six guests, flat screen television and DVD player. This leads into...
- Well equipped kitchen/dining area with table and chairs for six, dishwasher, microwave, tall fridge/freezer and electric oven/hob with extractor over. A lovely place to enjoy supper whilst catching up on the day's adventures.
- Additional 'snug' room with sofa where you can listen to music or have a quiet moment with a good book.
- Cloak room with WC and wash basin.
- Double bedroom with pretty iron bed, bedside tables, chest of drawers and large wardrobe offering plenty of clothes storage space.
- King-size bedroom which also has a wardrobe and chest of drawers, along with an en-suite shower room with WC, wash basin and heated towel rail.
- Light and airy twin bedroom with two single beds, chest of drawers and wardrobe.
- Family bathroom with bath, WC, wash basin and heated towel rail.
Outside: There is plenty of outside living space for when the weather is warm. Enjoy alfresco dining on the patio, sit under the shade of a tree in the garden and read a book or catch the last of the sunshine from the bench in the porch. Off-road parking for two cars.
Additional information: Prices include heating, linen, electricity and towels. Unfortunately no pets and no smoking. Children welcome. Changeover is normally on a Friday or Saturday - please enquire with the owner. Please note that young children need to be supervised when outside as there is a drop from the garden area to the road. Short breaks (three night minimum) available - please enquire. Travel cot available.
Low Season from £600
Mid Season from £750
High Season from £875
Peak Season £900
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Double & 1 Twin)
Owner: Fiona Hingston, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Kingdom Cottage joined Independent Cottages in May 2016
10% discount on prices for two guests only staying at the Cottage. (Late availability prices already include this discount.)
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 4th August 2017