Jurston Barn - Wellington, Somerset, England - Sleeps 12
Jurston Barn is the perfect venue for celebrations, corporate events, family gatherings and getting together with friends. Beautifully converted to exceptionally high standards, this listed four hundred year old barn provides luxury accommodation for up to twelve guests and has received a Five Star Gold Award for its superb facilities, including an indoor swimming pool and sunken hot tub for guests private use.
Sitting in its own grounds, Jurston Barn is located just a ten minute walk from the heart of Wellington, a popular market town offering local pubs, a proper old fashioned butcher, fishmonger, baker, grocer and also a Waitrose. Within a short drive are other excellent eating establishments including The Half Moon in Clayhidon, The Martlett at Langford Budville, the Globe at Appley and The Merry Harriers on the beautiful Blackdown Hills.
Offering a stylish interior that perfectly blends modern convenience with original character, Jurston Barn sits at the end of its own lane. As you approach along the gravel drive, the wooden pool house with ten metre swimming pool, is the first thing you see just before Jurston Barn itself. With six en-suite bedrooms that can either be made up as twins or super-kings, accommodation is flexible and spacious, providing plenty of room to relax both inside and out. The fantastic views are one of the many features of this holiday home, spanning some ten miles to the north to the Brendon and Quantock Hills and the Blackdown Hills to the south. You are in the heart of the picturesque Vale of Taunton Deane and surrounded by lovely countryside.
Conveniently located thirty minutes from the Somerset and Devon coastlines and just six minutes from the M5 motorway, this picturesque part of England is a perfect place for a short break or longer holiday with a good range of day trips on the doorstep. For walkers, there's great walking across the local hills and further afield, with endless opportunities on both Exmoor and Dartmoor, both within eash reach. The area also offers pretty country lanes for cycling, providing an enjoyable way of exploring the local countryside and villages.
A peaceful haven for a relaxing break, the owners keep their horses in the surrounding fields and are able to offer facilities should you wish to bring your own horse. Living in the farm next door, they are on hand to offer as much or as little assistance as required.
- Internet Access
- Swimming Pool
- Hot Tub
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Stables/Livery Onsite
Jurston Barn Continued
Jurston Barn offers every comfort you could expect with spacious accommodation with stone floors and underfloor heating throughout the ground floor, plus central heating upstairs. Furnished and equipped to an exceptionally high level of comfort and style, all rooms have televisions, wireless internet access, full Sky Movies/Sports package and iDock.
- Huge double doors form an impressive glass-fronted entrance leading inside to...
- Spacious fully equipped kitchen/diner with oak units, granite worktops, two dishwashers, fridge/freezer, microwave, large kitchen range cooker and larder cupboard. The glass roofed dining area comfortably seats twelve and provides a wonderful place for entertaining and enjoying social suppers. A staircase from the dining area leads upstairs to...
- Three en-suite bedrooms (two with showers and one with shower over bath). All rooms offer flexible sleeping arrangements with zip and link beds that can be made up as super-kings or twins.
- A spacious living area comes off the dining area providing comfortable seating, large screen television and contemporary wood burning stove. This room leads through to...
- Three downstairs en-suite bedrooms (two which are wet rooms and one with a bath and overhead shower).
- Large games room with another staircase leading to a mezzanine snug area with seating. The games room has a pool table, table football and comfy sofas for relaxing in front of the stylish woodburner.
- Off the kitchen is a WC/utility room with the pool building just beyond with heated swimming pool, changing room with shower and WC and fantastic sunken hot tub just outside.
Outside: There is a child friendly garden with lawn, wooded area and children's play area with slide and trampoline to play on, whilst the adults enjoy drinks and alfresco dining on the large patio area with garden furniture, loungers for relaxing and barbecue. There is parking for several cars.
Additional information: Short breaks are offered all year round and typically start on a Monday and Friday (please enquire if you want alternative days). Cots, toddler beds and high chair are available by arrangement. The property is wheelchair accessible. Hen and stag nights considered - please enquire with the owner. Unfortunately no pets. Linen, towels, heating and electricity included in the price.
Low Season from £950
Peak Season £4750
Star Rating: 5 Star Gold
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 12 people in 6 bedrooms (6 en-suite Twins/Super-kings)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Ann Loarridge, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Jurston Barn joined Independent Cottages in Nov 2013
We have one four-night midweek available in August, 10-14. Normally priced at £2995, now £2695.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 6th April 2017