Pentre Bach - Capel Garmon, Nr Betws-Y-Coed, Gwynedd, Snowdonia, Wales - Sleeps 4
This cosy, welcoming stone cottage is situated just inside the boundary of the Snowdonia National Park, four miles from the old market town of Llanrwst, one and a half miles from the tourist centre of Betws-y-Coed and half a mile from the village of Capel Garmon.
The cottage is in a lovely peaceful position yet not isolated having two houses nearby. There is ample parking; a secluded garden with garden furniture for relaxing on those sunny days.
Pentre Bach is a perfect retreat for those who enjoy walking with the Denbigh moors and Snowdonia mountains just waiting to be explored. There are also plenty of other outdoor activities to enjoy including: local pony trekking; fishing at Llyn Crafnant or Conwy river (four miles); water sports at Llyn Gerionydd (five miles); mountain biking in the Gwydyr Forest; new surf and splash park at Dolgarrog (five miles); Zip world at Llechwedd; Bethesda slate caverns (twelve miles); permit fishing at Crafnant and Llyn Elsi (both five miles); visiting historic houses and castles or National Trust Bodnant Gardens (ten miles away).
The beautiful North Wales coastline is eighteen miles away at Llandudno with its marvellous promenade, pier, dry ski slope, donkey rides, the historic Great Orme tramway, cinema and theatre for evening entertainment. The National Outdoor Pursuit Centre at Plas Y Brenin is also only six miles away offering, canoeing, rock climbing and orienteering.
This cottage offers the opportunity to explore this beautiful part of Northern Wales and the spectacular Snowdonia National Park. It is the perfect place for enjoying everything that the great outdoors has to offer.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Pentre Bach Continued
Originally an 18th century barn, the cottage has since under gone extensive renovation to reach the high standard of accommodation which has annually been awarded a 4 star rating by Visit Wales.
- Large slate floored porch with bench which is the ideal place to hang coats and leave outdoor clothes in. This opens into...
- A quarry tile floored, fully equipped beamed kitchen/diner with fitted units, dishwasher, ceramic hob, cooker, microwave, oven, washing machine, dining table and bench seating.
- Cosy sitting room with three piece suite, Feeview digital television with integral DVD player, radio, CD and iPod players, along with lovely multi-fuel stove - perfect for curling up in front of on those more chilly nights!
- Downstairs toilet.
- Upstairs has two bedrooms....
- Double bedroom with Velux and French window onto the outside steps which lead to the garden.
- Twin bedroom.
- Bathroom which has bath, hand held shower, sink, toilet, heated towel rail, velux window and airing cupboard.
Additional information: Wi-Fi internet access available. The cottage has storage heaters in all rooms which operate all year round. Electricity and bed linen provided in the price. Please bring your own towels and tea towels. The cottage operates a no-smoking policy. For those who want a break from cooking whilst away, the owner's can highly recommend the Devon Food Fairy who brings fresh homemade meals to your door.
Low Season from £295
Mid Season from £395
High Season from £540
Peak Season £540
Star Rating: 4 Star
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin)
Owner: Jennifer Sleep, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Pentre Bach joined Independent Cottages in June 2008
Could you please add to description of tv - with integral DVD. Thank you. Jennifer Changeover from sat to Friday operational from 17 sept 2016
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 16th August 2017