Idris Bach - Penrhyndeudraeth, Nr Porthmadog, Gwynedd, Snowdonia, Wales - Sleeps 2
Idris Bach Cottage is a comfortable holiday retreat for a couple, located in the Welsh village of Penrhyndeudraeth within the Snowdonia National Park. Steam and mainline railway stations, restaurants and shops are all only a short walk away, or you can stay put and enjoy the remarkable uninterrupted view of the River Dwyryd Estuary and the Snowdonia mountains from the terraced garden and summerhouse or from inside the cottage itself.
Idris Bach dates back to the 19th century and is an attractive well presented stone cottage. Conveniently placed, the cottage sits in between the harbour town of Porthmadog and one of Snowdonia's most beautiful villages, Beddgelert. It is also only two miles (walkable!) from the Italianate tourist village of Portmeirion - an all year round attraction.
Whether your passion is climbing, hiking, steam trains or simply relaxing by the sea, this is the ideal holiday retreat at any time of the year. The area also offers excellent opportunities for walkers with some wonderful walks through the forest, to the Gwaith Powdwr Nature reserve and through the Penrhyn estuary, all accessible from the village.
The cottage is perfectly situated for enjoying the many attractions and outdoor activities that North Wales has to offer. Penrhyndeudraeth is home to the Snowdonia National Park Head Quarters and is ideally positioned for exploring all of Snowdonia and the Llyn Peninsula.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Golf Nearby
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
Idris Bach Continued
- King-size bedroom on the top floor with wardrobe including drawers, bedside tables (with drawers), television (including DVD player) and facilities to make tea - all the right ingredients for a leisurely lay in!
- Shower room next to the bedroom with modern tiled shower cubicle (including an electric shower), wash basin and WC.
- Living room on the middle floor with comfy seating, Freesat television, DVD player, hi-fi (with CD player, DAB radio and iPod docking) and lovely views over the mountain.
- Well-equipped kitchen/dining area on the lower floor with dishwasher, Gas hob, electric oven (including a grill), microwave, fridge (including freezer box) and round dining table with four chairs where you can enjoy supper whilst chatting about the days adventures and soaking up the beautiful scenery from the window.
- A utility room houses the washing machine and iron/board for those who need to freshen up clothes.
Outside: Guests have the choice of two sunny patio areas to relax. The first is outside the kitchen with bistro table and chairs (a great place for a glass of wine whilst keeping an eye on supper!). On the lower level terrace is a summer house which stores folding furniture and provides a good place to sit and soak up the lovely views over the mountains and estuary, whatever the weather.
Additional information: All prices are fully inclusive of central heating, electricity and Wi-Fi internet access. Bed linen, towels and a welcome pack are also included in the price. Parking is available close to the cottage (within one hundred metres).
Low Season from £275
Mid Season from £450
High Season from £525
Peak Season £525
Changeover Day: Saturday
Please enquire with owner
Sleeps 2 people in 1 bedroom (1 Kingsize)
Owner: Alex Vald, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Idris Bach joined Independent Cottages in April 2011
Until May, discounted weeks from £275 and short breaks from £175!
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 21st August 2017