The Herring Queen - Eyemouth, Scottish Borders, Scotland - Sleeps 4+2
The Herring Queen sleeps four guests comfortably in two bedrooms but could accommodate up to eight (providing you don't mind it being a little squashed) with the use of trundle and day beds. Ideally placed in the Conservation Area of the historic harbour town of Eyemouth in the Scottish Borders, this stylish apartment offers the perfect mix of modern conveniences and Georgian charm.
Vibrant colours and artwork create a welcoming cheerful environment from which to relax with friends or family and explore the Scottish Borders and also the nearby Northumberland coastline. Spend your days exploring the Border towns, relaxing on the golden sands or visiting the areas many attractions including nearby Berwick-upon-tweed, Alnwich Castle (used in the filming of Downton Abbey and Harry Potter), Scotland's capital city of Edinburgh and Newcastle (home to the Beamish Museum). Alternatively, stay put and enjoy everything that Eyemouth has to offer without the need to use the car.
A lovely small Scottish fishing town, Eyemouth has much appeal with its superb sandy beach with rock pools that the kids (and adults!) will love, excellent restaurants, pubs, galleries, shops and sheltered harbour. Spend your days relaxing on the beach with a picnic, strolling along the promenade with an ice cream in hand and watching the fishermen hauling in the catch of the day. Then head back to The Herring Queen with a freshly caught lobster or crab to prepare a seafood supper.
For those who like to keep active whilst away, Eyemouth has its own golf course, wonderful cliff top walks and opportunities for diving off the shoreline. Alternatively, sit in the comfort of the armchair back at the Herring Queen and watch the boats coming and going from the harbour as the sea gulls and seals duck and dive in hope of the odd fish. Located right alongside the harbour, there is always something to watch with an every changing view.
Whether you're a couple getting away for a few romantic nights by the sea, a group of friends wanting to catch up or a family looking for a beach holiday, The Herring Queen is ideal for those with or without transport. Whilst it is right in the heart of this bustling small town with great amenities on the doorstep, it affords a private position without any neighbours above, below or to either side. Just a cafe downstairs that serves an excellent breakfast and lunch (perfect for those who prefer not to cook!) and a coffee shop that closes mid afternoon. The only risk of being overlooked is by the seals in the harbour!
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Waterside Location
- Beach Nearby
- iPod Docking
- Fishing Onsite
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
The Herring Queen Continued
- Long kitchen with dining area that offers plenty of space and lovely harbour views. Well equipped, the kitchen has an oven, hob, fridge and even a coffee machine, along with a dining table and seating for six to eight.
- Utility area off the kitchen with microwave, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Sitting room with lovely high ceilings that create a nice sense of space, leather seating, Freeview television, DVD player, iPod dock, marble fireplace with gas fire, Wi-Fi and fabulous views over the harbour (keep your eyes open for seals!).
- Family bathroom with bath, shower cubicle, WC and wash basin.
- Landing with a day bed that can sleep an additional guest if needed.
- Lovely four-poster bedroom that has super views over the harbour. Sit in bed and watch dusk fall across the harbour and let the cry of the gulls wake you in the morning. There is also a television and a chaise longue which can also sleep an additional guest.
- Wet room with power shower.
Outside: Guests have use of a resident parking ticket during their stay providing free parking in the car park in the harbour.
Low Season from £350
Mid Season from £460
High Season from £575
Peak Season £600
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4+2 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Double & 1 Twin + occasional beds)
Owner: Fiona Briggs, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Herring Queen joined Independent Cottages in March 2016
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 16th July 2017