Bartlehill Cottage No.3 - Coldstream, Nr Kelso, Scottish Borders, Scotland - Sleeps 4+1
Bartlehill No.3 sleeps up to five guests in two bedrooms and is a spacious holiday cottage that is tastefully refurbished and presented to a high standard with the aim of comfort and relaxation. Overlooking the beautiful Cheviot Hills, the cottage sits in an elevated quiet position and affords stunning rural views over the surrounding rolling countryside.
Sitting within the Scottish Borders, Bartlehill is ideally located close to the bustling market town of Kelso and Coldstream on the banks of the River Tweed, with a wealth of shops to browse, restaurants, cafes and pubs. From culture and heritage to outdoor pursuits, the local area offers endless opportunities. Visit Floors Castle, the Abbeys of the Borders and The Hirsel Country Park with its arts, crafts and lovely walks. Enjoy a day at Kelso races, or try your hand at fishing with some of the countries finest opportunities in the Scottish Borders. The area has plenty of great golf courses for those who enjoy a game, along with opportunities for tennis and superb horse riding at the Saint Foin horse riding center (just a five minute drive) offering lessons or hacks for the more adventurous wanting to explore the countryside by horseback.
Located along a private road, the cottage is surrounded by fields, with country lanes from the front door which provide safe walking for children and dogs, along with lovely cycle rides. Take a leisurely walk to the popular village pub 'The Fisherman's Arms' with an excellent restaurant in Birgham village just a mile and a half away.
For those happy to explore the wider area, there are a host of attractions including The Teviot Smokery and Water Gardens with its wonderful game fare available to purchase and beautiful walks; Hay Farm Heavy Horse Centre with its rare majestic Clydesdales; Abbotsford country house near Melrose which was home to Sir Walter Scott; Heatherslaw Light Railway for a more sedate way of taking in the scenery; and the beaches at Spittal and Coldingham Sands for those who want a day by the sea - all thirty to forty five minutes drive away.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Kingsize Bed
Bartlehill Cottage No.3 Continued
- Open-plan living area with wooden floor and lots of space to relax in comfort. The lounge area has comfy leather seating, thirty two inch flat screen television, and log burning stove for cosy nights in front of the fire. There is a dining area with table and chairs seating five guests and a well equipped kitchen with cream units, dishwasher, oven/hob with extractor above, microwave and fridge with freezer compartment.
- Separate utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer, along with room for storing coats and boots.
- Bathroom with WC, wash basin and bath with shower over, along with heated towel rail.
- Master king-size bedroom with fitted wardrobes providing plenty of storage for clothes.
- Twin bedroom with fitted wardrobes. An additional single sofa bed can be provided for an extra child to sleep on plus a cot.
- Shower room with WC, wash basin and heated towel rail.
Outside: There is an enclosed garden at the back of the house with patio area where you can relax with a glass of wine after an exciting day exploring the area. Off-road parking at the front. Accessed via a quiet private road through a farm (no longer in use), the cottage sits in a peaceful position away from any busy roads so safe for dogs and children.
Additional information: The prices include a welcome basket with tea, coffee and biscuits, along with milk in the fridge so you can start to relax as soon as you arrive. Bed linen, towels, electricity and heating included, along with a welcome sack of logs (additional logs can be purchased at £5 once used).
Low Season from £320
Mid Season from £350
High Season from £475
Peak Season £550
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4+1 people in 2 bedrooms (1 King and 1 Twin + single sofa bed)
Owner: Matthew & Amber, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Bartlehill Cottage No.3 joined Independent Cottages in April 2015