Little Thatch - Seaton, Uppingham, Stamford, Rutland, England - Sleeps 5
Little Thatch is a chocolate box Stamford stone thatched cottage in Seaton, just three miles from Uppingham. From the front door, it is a two-minute walk to the 16thcentury, George and Dragon Inn and the listed All Hallow's Church. The property can accommodate up to five guests and is a favourite with both couples and families with older children who appreciate staying in such a charming home.
Rutland is one of Britain’s best-kept secrets. England’s smallest county (only eighteen miles at its widest point) is just as lovely as the Cotswolds yet does not attract the same volume of tourists which means you can enjoy its beauty, peace and tranquillity without jostling with the crowds! The county motto ‘Multum in Parvo’, which translates as Much in Little, really does ring true.
Rutland’s second town, Uppingham is only three miles from the cottage. It is a tiny, but beautiful, step- back –in time sort of place, full of individual boutiques, galleries and antique shops and the famous Uppingham School. The weekly market every Friday is delightful. The county town of Oakham is under a twenty minute drive north of Little Thatch. Home to one of Britain's oldest schools, it has an impressive Norman castle, great museum, and a popular twice-weekly market (Wednesday and Saturday) where you can buy locally produced food and goods. You should also visit nearby historic Stamford. With six hundred wonderfully preserved listed buildings, it is Britain's first urban conservation area, having a good variety of shops, pubs and cafes, and a busy Friday market.
Days out can include Barnsdale Gardens, Rutland County Museum, Lyddington Bede House, Burghley House and Belvoir Castle. Lincoln, Leicester and Cambridge are fascinating historic cities within an hour’s drive.
Rutland offers breath taking views at any time of year, especially close to Rutland Water, and without a doubt the best way to appreciate them is on foot or bicycle. The nature reserve provides great bird spotting opportunities and the aqua park and offers a wide choice of water sports. Closer to home, Seaton Meadows is crowned with the magnificent Victorian Harringworth Viaduct spanning an entire kilometre.
The best sights of Middle England are within easy reach when you stay at Little Thatch. Whether you start your day with a cup of tea in the pretty south facing cottage garden, or end it there with a chilled glass of wine, having such a comfortable base will help you enjoy every minute of your holiday.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
Little Thatch Continued
The traditional Stamford stone and thatch cottage is several hundred years old, offering exposed beams and low ceilings. The home has been carefully restored and furnished by the owners to retain its original charm and character whilst being a very comfortable holiday home with all the modern facilities.
- Enter through the thatched porch into a cosy sitting room with inglenook fireplace and electric wood burner, comfortably furnished and with a television with DVD player.
- The compact dining room has a pine table that seats up to five guests, and the dual aspect makes it a lovely spot for breakfast.
- A well-appointed and very well equipped kitchen separates the rooms downstairs. It is fitted with a dishwasher and oven and has a fridge, toaster and microwave.
- The modern family bathroom has a bath with over shower, hand basin and WC.
All three bedrooms have windows south facing at the front of the property. They have views of the church steeple and overlook the lovely cottage garden with its apple and plum trees.
- The master bedroom has a large double bed, bedside tables and reading lights, and storage. It can either be accessed directly from a staircase leading from the sitting room, or through the adjacent twin bedroom.
- The twin bedroom has two small single beds, a chest of drawers and reading lamps. The sloping ceiling and exposed beams, which are a real feature of the property, add character to the room. There is a door between the twin and the master bedroom to afford guests privacy.
- The single bedroom is off the landing and has a full-sized single bed and a large chest of drawers and a wardrobe for storage.
- There is a separate WC off the top of the landing at the rear of the cottage.
Outside: The mature cottage gardens are full of flowers in spring and summer, and include fruit trees, a patio, seating and a barbeque. There is private off-street parking for one car, with more parking available on the road.
Additional Information: WiFi is available throughout the property, which also has gas central heating. All utilities, linen and towels are included in the cost. The property is suitable for children over the age of ten by prior arrangement with the owner. Short breaks may be possible out of season, depending on availability. No smoking. No pets. Payment for bookings can be made by cheque, bank transfer, Paypal (surcharge applies) and credit card (surcharge applies).
Low Season from £520
Mid Season from £590
High Season from £620
Peak Season £770
Children: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 5 people in 3 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin & 1 Single)
Owner: Martin & Julia Copeman, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Little Thatch joined Independent Cottages in June 2017
Owner's Other Properties
* Prices based on 2 guests. Additional guests by prior arrangement are charged @ £5.00 per person/night. * Short Breaks (min 4 nights)on request. * Sister Cottages: Sticky End & Autumn Cottage
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 24th June 2017