Aberhiriaeth - Cemmaes, Machynlleth, Powys, Wales - Sleeps 7
Penyglog Farm Cottages provide a warm welcome and three charming holiday cottages that are bursting with character, located near to Machynlleth in Powys, Mid-Wales.
These well-appointed holiday cottages are ideally positioned in three individual locations on the owners organic farm, ensuring guests enjoy a good degree of privacy. Set amongst the beautiful rolling countryside of Mid-Wales, all three cottages afford lovely views over the surrounding rural scenery with incredible views encompassing the stunning Dyfi Valley.
Here you can enjoy a vast array of wildlife without having to leave the comfort of your cottage including magnificent Red Kite's gracefully flying up above. You can also enjoy superb walks straight from the cottage front door!
Offering seclusion and tranquility, the cottages are also conveniently placed for visiting Aberdyfi's glorious golden beaches and Snowdonia's spectacular mountain range. They are well located for visiting the many attractions of the area including the Centre for Alternative Technology, Talyllyn Railway, Historical Castles and the Ynys-hir Nature Reserve (RSPB) to name just a few.
Sitting right in the heart of the beautiful Dyfi Valley – Penyglog Farm Cottages offer you the ideal place to relax and enjoy the many wonders of Wales.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Aberhiriaeth accommodates up to seven guests in three bedrooms and is a traditional stone Welsh farmhouse that has an impressive amount of character. The farmhouse is 4 Star rated by VisitWales and tastefully furnished and enhanced by its own beautiful gardens with babbling brook.
- Hallway which takes you into both lounges, kitchen, pantry and staircase to the first floor. A small conservatory is also accessed at the rear end of the hall.
- Three spacious lounges that provide comfy places to relax. One has an impressive inglenook fireplace (with original bread oven!) housing a wood burning stove, whilst the other has an open fire. Both have televisions (with Freeview) and DVD Players. The third lounge provides the perfect place to escape for a quiet moment with a good book.
- Farmhouse style well equipped kitchen with dining table and chairs, microwave, cooker (electric), plenty of pots, pans and crockery and a lovely Aga, leading into the lounge with wood burning stove.
- Pantry providing a great storage space with slate floor, fridge and freezer.
- Utility area (accessed via some steps from the kitchen) with washing machine and tumble drier.
- Downstairs cloakroom, accessed from the utility area.
- Master bedroom with king-size bed.
- Two double bedrooms.
- One single bedroom. All bedrooms are tastefully furnished and dressed with crisp linen upon arrival.
- House bathroom (on the first floor and accessed by stepping down three stairs) with bath (including shower over), WC and wash basin.
Additional information: Short breaks available with flexible start days. Unfortunately pets can not be accepted.
Low Season from £315
High Season from £675
Star Rating: 4 Star
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 7 people in 4 bedrooms (1 King, 2 Doubles, 1 Single)
Owner: Eryl Evans, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Aberhiriaeth joined Independent Cottages in Jan 2011
Owner's Other Properties
Short break offered. Enquire for further details
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 29th July 2017
Approximate Location of Aberhiriaeth
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book