Bill’s Cottage - Little Haven, Pembrokeshire, The Pembrokeshire Coast, Wales - Sleeps 6
Bill’s Cottage has recently been renovated to provide self catering holiday accommodation for up to six guests in the delightful seaside village of Little Haven in Pembrokeshire, Wales.
Well appointed with spacious, light rooms and a peaceful, private garden, it is just a four minute stroll to the lovely beach and welcoming pubs of this pretty coastal village. Dogs are also welcomed so you can bring your pet away with you to enjoy the holiday.
This is an ideal holiday destination for those who want a holiday by the sea and those who enjoy walking. The Pembrokeshire coastal path runs through the village, providing one hundred and eighty miles of wonderful walking. As well as stunning sea views, the path takes you through a diverse landscape, ranging from steep limestone cliffs, volcanic headlands, undulating red sandstone bays and flooded glacial valleys. There are numerous pretty villages along the way where you can buy refreshments and the coastal bus which connects Little Haven to other villages and beaches along the coastline, allows you to return home after a long walk should you not want to walk back! There are also plenty of smaller circular walks locally to suit all energy levels, along with numerous beautiful beaches where you can enjoy a lazy day relaxing, including Broad Haven, Marloes, Newgale and Druidstone - all within easy reach.
For the windsurfing/sailing enthusiasts, the village of Dale is only fifteen minutes away by car with its sailing school, dingy racing and safe waters. There are also many activities on hand near Little Haven including horse riding (including rides on the beach), surfing, beachcombing, walking, sailing, cycling and numerous boat and fishing trips to be taken. A trip out to or around Skomer Island is an excellent way to enjoy the sea and bird life (puffins, razorbills, guillemots, manx shearwater, short eared owls, choughs, skomer voles and grey seals can all be seen at certain times of the year).
The area also offers plenty of interesting places to visit for days out. The city of St Davids is well worth a visit with its interesting shops, beautiful cathedral, galleries and nearby Whitesands Beach. There are also numerous castles, activity days and attractions throughout Pembrokeshire to keep the whole family amused.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Bill’s Cottage Continued
Accommodation is on three levels and comprises:
- Front entrance leading into the hallway which leads through into the shower/wet-room and bedroom two.
- Bedroom two is on the mid-level and is a good-sized room with zip-and-link beds which can be made up as twin or king-size double. The room has space for a third ‘truckle bed’ suitable for a child if required (max six guests in total please).
- Shower wet-room which is fully tiled with shower, wash basin and WC.
- Short flight of steps taking you down to the ground floor with kitchen/dining and living room.
- Open plan sitting/dining area with a brick fireplace housing a wood burner, three piece suite, Freeview flat screen television, DVD/CD player with radio and dining table with six chairs. To one side of the fireplace is a glazed floor to ceiling window and there is a glazed door to the other side, letting the light come in and providing access to the garden.
- Adjoining the sitting/dining room is a nicely presented kitchen well equipped with electric oven/hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher and a washer/dryer for those who need to freshen up clothes whilst away.
- A few steps up from mid-level take you to the top floor where you will find bedroom one, bedroom three and the bathroom.
- Master king-size bedroom (bedroom one) with built in wardrobe, dressing table and nice garden views.
- Bedroom three is a small bedroom which is suitable for one adult (full size single bed) plus a child (small cross-room bunk) or two children. It has under-bed storage and hanging space.
- Family bathroom with a shower bath, WC and wash basin.
Garden: There is a very pretty private, fully enclosed cottage garden with patio (including Gas BBQ for enjoying in the summer), outside furniture, lawned area with borders and a gate that takes you on foot to the village and beaches.
Additional information: Central heating throughout (an additional charge of £25 per week applies between October and April). A welcome basket of logs is provided and additional logs can be purchased locally. There is parking outside the cottage for one car (with more available in nearby car park – weekly tickets available). An outside tap allows you to rinse off bikes, surf boards, sandy feet etc. A cot can be provided if needed (please bring your own cot-bedding) and a highchair is available.
Low Season from £405
Mid Season from £550
High Season from £740
Peak Season £1200
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Double/twin + 1 child's twin bedroom)
Owner: Louise Haughton, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Bill’s Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Sep 2010
Please see late availability for offers
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 16th June 2017