Swiers Farmhouse - Carsington, Nr Matlock, Derbyshire, The Peak District, England - Sleeps 16
Swiers Farmhouse sleeps sixteen guests and is located in the picturesque village of Carsington in the Peak District National Park. The farmhouse provides tastefully furnished, well equipped, character holiday accommodation that is perfect for a large family get together, reunion of friends or for those looking for a venue to celebrate a special occasion. Stag and Hen parties welcome.
Carsington is a superb base from which to explore the Peak District and its many attractions including Carsington Water which is only a few minutes away from Swiers Farmhouse. Beautiful Chatsworth House, the popular market town of Bakewell, Hardwick and also Haddon Hall, and Alton Towers (popular with the younger ones) are also within easy reach.
The village location makes the Swiers Farmhouse perfect for strolling down the lane to the pub of a lunchtime or evening where you can enjoy good local ale and food. Afterwards, why not stretch your legs and take a short walk to Carsington Water.
There are plenty of fabulous walks from the door and for the more energetic you can enjoy a walk or cycle around Carsington Water (eight miles) in the fabulous wildlife haven around the lake (which also offers excellent water sports).
There are many things to do and see in this lovely area including: canoeing, fishing, birdwatching, walking, cycling, golf, horse riding, rock climbing, sailing and windsurfing to name just a few.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Swiers Farmhouse Continued
Swiers Farmhouse is a beautiful Grade II listed stone farmhouse, which dates back over three hundred years and still retains much character. The farmhouse is south facing with gardens to the rear leading on to a small field with a hillside beyond where you can watch sheep and cattle graze.
- Beamed dining room with impressive fire place, stone mullions, window seat and large pine table seating twelve guests.
- Separate beamed kitchen full of farmhouse charm with table in the centre seating eight, hand painted units, electric hob (large), oven, larder fridge (built-in) and dishwasher. There is also an external door to the sunny front terrace.
- Ground floor beamed bedroom with king-size bed, additional single bed, stone open fireplace and window seat.
- Utility room where you can store boots/coats with additional fridge/freezer and washing machine.
- Door to the rear takes you out to the gardens and field beyond.
First Floor -reached by a flight of stairs
- Two bathrooms located at each end of the farmhouse. Each bathroom has sloping ceilings, a shower over the bath, hand basin, toilet and bidet.
- Second bedroom with beamed ceiling, double bed, floorboards, stone fireplace, window seat and antique furniture.
- Sitting room with stone fireplace, original mullion windows, wooden floor topped with a lovely rug, window seat, three comfy sofas (one which is a sofa bed), armchairs, television and DVD player.
- Opposite the sitting room is a flexible room which can be used as a study, hall or as an extra occasional single bedroom.
- Third bedroom with beamed ceiling and metal framed double bed, wooden floors with rugs and a window seat.
Second Floor - A steep set of stairs takes you up to....
- Large carpeted attic landing/bedroom four with three single beds, wardrobes and sloping ceilings with oak purlins and velux windows. A doorway to the right leads into...
- Fifth bedroom with double bed plus two singles, sloping ceilings, stone mullioned window, planked floor with rugs and an assortment of furniture.
- Sixth bedroom located at the other side of the central landing/bedroom (reached by a screened pathway). This bedroom has a double bed plus an additional single, sloping ceiling with oak purlins, stone mullioned window and window seat, planked floor with rugs.
Additional information: All prices are fully inclusive of heating, electricity, bed linen and tea-towels. Bath towels can be provided at a small additional charge. Prices listed on this advertisement are 'from' prices. Short breaks are available and a flexible changeover day may be offered.
Low Season from £1300
Mid Season from £1600
High Season from £1990
Peak Season £1900
Star Rating: 4 Star
Pets: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 16 people in 6 bedrooms (5 ouble beds & 7 single beds plus sofa bed)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Yes
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: No
Owner: Doug Riach, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Swiers Farmhouse joined Independent Cottages in June 2008
Great deals on Midweek breaks. 07876655650
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 22nd June 2017