Riverside House - Litton Mill, Nr Buxton & Tideswell, Derbyshire, The Peak District, England - Sleeps 9+3
Riverside House is a spacious holiday home sleeping up to twelve guests in four bedrooms, located in Litton Mill, a picturesque Derbyshire village in the very heart of the Peak District National Park. With a downstairs bedroom, bathroom facilities and living area, Riverside House provides easy accessibility and caters for the whole family including your four legged friends (up to five dogs may be accepted at a time, depending on size)!
Ideal for a family holiday or a break away with friends, Riverside House lends itself well to those who want to walk in the Peak District or enjoy a host of outdoor activities. It is equipped to a very nice comfortable standard and cosy at any time of the year with a log fire (unlimited free logs), games room and Wi-Fi, providing entertainment whatever the weather.
Situated directly next to The Monsal Trail, guests have immediate access to some eight miles of traffic-free cycling and walks with some spectacular views across the Monsal Viaduct. Bike storage facilities are provided and good mountain biking/off road cycling trails can be found in the local area, along with bike hire. For the younger ones, Alton Towers is just a forty minute drive away and for lovers of houses and gardens, a visit to Chatsworth House is a must and even closer (ten miles). The spa town of Buxton and market town of Bakewell (famous for its pudding or some would say tarts!) are both approximately eight miles and easy driving distance.
Alternatively, simply relax in the delightful surrounds of Riverside House and marvel at the views over the river from the enclosed garden and patio area or enjoy a BBQ on a sunny day. There is always something to do locally - why not feed the trout and ducks from the bridge; stroll along the River Wye to Cressbrook or walk Tideswell Dale to Litton village and enjoy a pint of local ale and some good pub food in the Red Lion (dogs welcome).
For those looking to celebrate a special occasion, spa retreats and catered dinner parties can be arranged. The local pub, The Angler's Rest is an easy walk along the river (one mile) and Tideswell is a five minute drive (or forty minute walk) where you will find a deli, bank, pubs, butchers and local co-op grocery store for stocking up on provisions.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Waterside Location
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Riverside House Continued
- Entrance hall with exposed beams, limestone floor with large rug, ample space for boots and coats plus additional seating.
- Large lounge with log burning stove (free logs); surround sound television (with Sky channels inc Sky sports channels and Sky movies as well as BT sports channels, all in HD), DVD and CD player, two three seater sofas and two two seater sofas providing comfortable seating for ten guests. There is also lots of room for an additional three chairs which can be found in the hall and fourth bedroom. One of the sofas is a sofabed and can be used to sleep an additional two guests and there are French doors leading out into the riverside garden.
- Dining room with dining table seating up to eight guests. This room is spacious and there is plenty of room to extend the dining capacity for larger groups by moving the table from the kitchen into the dining room (the two tables have been specially designed to be level when used together). There is a side unit with games, puzzles, tablecloths etc and an open doorway connecting to the kitchen.
- Well equipped kitchen with plenty of crockery, glassware, cooking equipment, cutlery etc for up to twenty guests, along with dishwasher, Butler sink, large electric range cooker with double oven, two fridges, freezer and microwave. The kitchen units are handmade from reclaimed pine with elm work tops and complemented by the limestone floor, beamed ceiling and door leading out to the rear garden.
- Utility room with separate washing machine, tumble dryer, sink and worktops with overhead clothes airer - perfect for drying wet walking clothing.
- Ground floor bedroom with double bed, television, video/DVD player, wardrobe, bedside table with lamp, mirror, exposed oak purlins, windows with river views and two chairs.
- Cloakroom with shower cubicle (please note: there is a small step into shower), WC and wash basin.
- Master bedroom with bed that can either be zipped to form a king or two singles, plus an en-suite shower room with wash basin and WC.
- Bedroom two with three single beds.
- Bedroom three with double bed.
- Family bathroom with shower, bath, WC and wash basin.
Outside: The garden is enclosed and offers a pleasant combination of formal lawn area and wild river bank which is fringed with trees and shrubs. There is a patio area for relaxation with furniture and BBQ. The games room has pool, snooker, air hockey, table football, television, DVD/video/PS2 (plus games), seating and music/iPod player. There is a garage for two cars and bike storage where you can play table tennis when there are no cars inside. The garden is enclosed by iron railings and there are two lockable gates leading to the natural riverbank and the games room. Some lovely views of the river Wye can be enjoyed from the garden and bedroom two.
Additional information: Duvets, linen, towels and table linen provided. Oil central heating, electricity and unlimited logs included in the price. Fire guard, cot, stair gates and high chair provided. Short breaks are available starting from £774.
Low Season from £1057
Mid Season from £1255
High Season from £1415
Peak Season £1697
Pets: Yes 3 or more dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 9+3 people in 4 bedrooms (2 doubles; 1 king/twin,1 family rm with 3 singles + lounge sofa bed/zbed)
Group booking details:
All male groups: No
All female groups: No
Catering Available: No
Owner: Wendy Boast, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Riverside House joined Independent Cottages in Oct 2013
Owner's Other Properties
We have short breaks at Riverside House from 2-4 nights. Please check to see if we have any mid-week offers too!
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 26th September 2017