Mosstone - Youlgrave, Bakewell, Derbyshire, The Peak District, England - Sleeps 5/6
'Mosstone' takes its name from 'Mawstone', the original name given to the hillside, which forms the principle view from the back of the house. It provides charming and comfortable holiday accommodation for five to six guests in three bedrooms and is located in the pretty village of Youlgrave (or Youlgreave as the village is often called), within the Peak District National Park.
Youlgrave is an ideal base from which to explore the White Peak area by foot, bike or car and for those who want to simply relax, it offers the peace and tranquillity of the unspoilt English countryside. Three long distance paths pass through the village, making this a popular destination for walkers and ramblers, offering some of the most beautiful valley walks in the country. The village also offers shops, a garage, a post office and three traditional pubs (all serving food) within walking distance of Mosstone.
Centrally positioned in a beautiful part of the Peak District National Park, Youlgrave is a perfect location for visiting the many attractions that this area has to offer. The pretty market town of Bakewell is just a short drive away and there is a regular bus service if you prefer to not use the car. Bakewell has a regular market, along with a good choice of amenities including shops for provisions and pubs/restaurants for a meal out. The impressive stately home of Chatsworth and Haddon Hall with its lovely gardens are easily accessible and the spa towns of Matlock and Buxton can be reached by car in just twenty minutes.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Spacious kitchen with dining area, well equipped with everything needed to self-cater.
- Utility room/rear porch with washing machine, tumble drier and a cloak room with WC adjacent.
- Welcoming sitting room with log burner (logs are provided), oak floor, comfy seating, television and French doors taking you outside to the enclosed garden with lawn, borders with flowers, patio with outdoor furniture and lovely views - the perfect place to enjoy a glass of wine at the end of the day.
- Master bedroom with double bed and en-suite toilet with wash basin.
- Twin bedroom with two single beds.
- Single bedroom with extra folding beds - both of the bedrooms at the back afford lovely views.
- House shower room with WC and wash basin.
Additional information: Wi-Fi internet access available. All rooms are comfortably and thoughtfully furnished. Mosstone is very well equipped and benefits from full gas central heating, making it ideal all year round. There is space to park a vehicle on the pavement directly outside the cottage (see main photo).
Short breaks: Monday to Friday or Friday to Monday, available.
Low Season from £350
Mid Season from £460
High Season from £540
Peak Season £630
Pets: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 5/6 people in 3 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin, 1 Single + folding bed)
Owner: Peter Cork & Anne Croasdell, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Mosstone joined Independent Cottages in May 2011
4th Jan to 30th June and 2nd Sept to 21st Dec- Let Monday to Friday, Friday to Monday and for full weeks starting Monday or Friday. 1st July to 2nd Sept - Full weeks only running Saturday to Saturday
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 23rd May 2017