Little Larsas Retreat - Matlock, Derbyshire, The Peak District, England - Sleeps 4
Little Larsas Retreat is located high on the south facing side of Derwent Valley, providing panoramic views of the picturesque valley and beyond. It is also in an ideal location for visiting the many attractions and enjoying the many activities that the Peak District has to offer. The magnificent stately home of Chatsworth House is within a 15 minute drive and for the younger ones, Alton Towers is within easy reach by car. Walkers have a great choice with something for all levels including hikes and walks along trails, across dales, up peaks and over rugged moorland. Thrill seekers have endless opportunities with rock climbing, kayaking and hot air ballooning amongst the activities on offer; whilst families can explore the beauty above and below ground with magical caves to explore, zip wires through the trees or take a birds eye view of the stunning scenery from a cable car at the Heights of Abraham. Alternatively, if you prefer something a little more sedate, there are lots of pretty villages to visit offering interesting shops to browse, farmers markets for local produce, antique shops and country pubs for a leisurely lunch; Or simply relax with a glass or good book on the terrace and marvel at the panoramic views over the valley.
Little Larsas Retreat sleeps four guests and offers the perfect mix of modern convenience and vintage charm with a relaxed, fun and welcoming interior. Inside you will find lots of original features, complimented by stylish heritage fabrics and colours. A delicious afternoon tea of home made scones and strawberry jam, topped with local dairy clotted cream welcomes you upon arrival, along with soft lighting/music, fresh flowers and beds adorned with freshly laundered Egyptian cotton linen (and a little home made gift for each guest!), ensuring you immediately start to relax and feel at home.
Local pub and Matlock…There is a dog-friendly country pub serving good food just a short walk from Little Larsas Retreat with a beer garden for warmer weather. Matlock is also within walking distance (fifteen minutes) and offers a good range of amenities including plenty of restaurants to suit most tastes, pubs and also a beautiful park aongside Derwent River offering many facilities including tennis courts, mini golf, a flower garden, coffee shop, Wi-Fi; and for the little ones a skate board deck, playground and boat rides.
The Heart of England including the Peak District and Derbyshire Region…The scenery surrounding Matlock is simply stunning. The area was formerly a small hamlet which was one of the few crossing points over the River Derwent that dramatically cuts its way through a limestone ridge to the southern side of Matlock. The valley is breathtaking with its high cliffs (such as High Tor which is ideal for climbers) and wooded areas providing excellent opportunities for walking, cycling, wildlife watching and fishing. A haven for wildlife with some of the White Peak's finest geology, part of the dale is a National Nature Reserve and is renowned for its rare flora and fauna, notoriously shy otters and buzzards that soar up above.
Attractions...Within easy reach and driving distance you have a wealth of places of interest to visit including: scenic Matlock Bath; beautiful Haddon Hall - one of the country's most romantic houses and a popular filmset; Chatsworth and Alton Towers (as previously mentioned); the market town of Bakewell and spa town of Buxton; Gulliver's Kingdom - a magical day for the little ones; Masson Mill for a taste of the areas industrial heritage; the village of Youlgreave on the River Bradford; fascinating Castleton Caves and Peak Rail for a journey that will take you back in time. With so many attractions within easy reach and the entire Peak District National Park on the doorstep of Little Larsas Retreat, there are no shortage of things to see and do.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- CD Player
- Accessible via Public Transport
Little Larsas Retreat Continued
- You enter the cottage via the small conservatory which provides a wonderfully light and airy place for eating whilst enjoying the views. Pleny of tourist information is provided to help you plan your stay including historical books and maps for walking.
- Exceptionally well equipped kitchen with pretty painted cupboards, electric oven, Gas hob (including fan above), microwave and traditional Butler style sink. Plenty of cupboard ingredients have been provided including tea, coffee, salt, pepper, oils for cooking, vinegar's and herbs, along with cleaning products such as washing up liquid, bin liners and kitchen foil to name just a few.
- Open plan lounge which adjoins the kitchen with high ceilings finished with original Victorian detail. Painted in a heritage soft blue and with a large bay window that lets the light flood in, this is a beautifully restful room with lovely views over the valley. Two comfy sofas with lots of plump cushions, flat screen television (with basic Sky channels) and a DVD/CD player ensure guests enjoyment and relaxation (please bring Sky card if you want to watch your usual sky channels!).
- Romantic master bedroom with memory foam mattress topper, snuggly duvet (guests have a choice of different weights), Egyptian cotton linen and pillows made from the finest of Hungarian goose down to ensure a restful nights sleep. For those who enjoy a leisurely start in the morning, there is a coffee maker and ample storage for clothes with a double wardrobe (including drawers) and dressing table (which also has drawers).
- Fun and cheerful twin bedroom beautifully presented in a modern vintage stye.
- Bathroom with power shower over the bath, glass screen, WC and washbasin. Fluffy white towels provided along with some toiletries.
Outdoors: There is an enclosed decking area with dining table, chairs and a BBQ. South facing and enjoying a sunny aspect, this is a perfect place for alfresco dining or morning coffee whilst taking in the beautiful far reaching views over the valley and beyond as far as High Torr and Riber Castle in the distance. Private off-road parking is available for two cars.
Additional informatioin: Gas, electricity, towels and bedding are included in the price. Wi-Fi internet access available. Up to two well behaved small dogs are welcome but unfortunately dogs that moult or have strong odours cannot be accepted (dogs must not be allowed on furniture or in the bedrooms at any time).
Low Season from £325
Mid Season from £585
High Season from £620
Peak Season £680
Pets: Enquire with owner
Children: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Friday
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Double,)
Owner: Mrs Brown, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Little Larsas Retreat joined Independent Cottages in April 2011
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 23rd August 2017