Jolly Field Farm Cottage - Chelmorton, Nr Buxton and Bakewell, Derbyshire, The Peak District, England - Sleeps 10+1
Jolly Field Farm Holiday Cottage is located in the Derbyshire village of Chelmorton and enjoys a quiet position at the end of a lane. It accommodates parties of up to ten guests (plus one) in five bedrooms and nestles amongst attractive grounds with lawns for relaxing and playing and a secure paddock. The cottage affords a lovely aspect with countryside views that encompass the Chelmorton Low. Here you can spend quality time with friends and family and have cosy nights in by the fire, or afternoons and evenings sat on the large patio, admiring the views as the sun sets with a glass of wine!
Jolly Field Farm provides a perfect base for those who enjoy outdoor activities including walking, climbing and cycling and is within easy driving distance of the historic towns Bakewell and Buxton. It is particularly well suited to larger parties having a luxury family kitchen, large games room with pool table, bar and plenty of space for the children to let off steam in the large garden with swing and paddock.
Located in the High Peak - the small country village of Chelmorton sits 1200ft above sea level and is not surprisingly one of the highest villages in Derbyshire. Just four miles south-east of Buxton, it is perfectly located for exploring the stunning surrounding countryside and attractions of the Peak District. The village has a great pub which is conveniently located just a few minutes stroll from the cottage (The Church Inn) where you can sample traditional ales and food, along with a small children's playground and a phone box.
Located in the heart of the Peak District National Park, Jolly Field Farm Holiday Cottage provides the ideal base for a family get together, a reunion of friends or for celebrating a special occasion amongst a peaceful setting.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Jolly Field Farm Cottage Continued
- Well equipped spacious kitchen beautifully presented with hand made units, wooden floor, large table (extendable) seating ten guests, dishwasher, range cooker, along with electric oven and hob, fridge, freezer and microwave.
- Games room (converted from the cellar) providing a fantastic place for the children to entertain themselves while the adults relax with pool table, darts board and bar.
- Sitting room with two sofas each seating three, leather armchair, television/DVD player and inglenook fireplace housing a wood burner - the perfect place to relax at the end of the day.
- Spacious king-size master bedroom with en-suite shower room offering a big shower cubicle, wash basin and WC. Wooden floors and wonderful views add to the charm of this room.
- Ground floor bathroom with bath, WC and wash basin.
- Two additional ground floor bedrooms, each with double bed, sloping ceilings and lots of storage space.
- Small staircase that takes you up to a twin bedroom in the attic - a real hit with children, this cosy room has sloping ceilings.
- There is a further annex king-size bedroom located across the patio (just three steps!) which is exceptionally spacious with en-suite shower room, vaulted ceiling with beams, ample storage space and a futon bed if needed.
Outside: The secure gardens (with gates that can be closed from the road) provide plenty of space for the little ones to let of steam and afford wonderful village views. At the back of the property is a patio with BBQ, fire pit and outdoor furniture which provides the perfect place for relaxing in the sun and enjoying a glass of wine or good book at the end of the day.
Additional information: Prices include all utilities, linen and towels. Short breaks may be available - please enquire.
Low Season from £1150
Mid Season from £1250
High Season from £1350
Peak Season £1550
Star Rating: 4 Star
Pets: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 10+1 people in 5 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Twin, 2 Doubles and Annex with king + fouton)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Ruth Russell, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Jolly Field Farm Cottage joined Independent Cottages in June 2010
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 20th July 2017