Ivy Cottage - Winster, Derbyshire, The Peak District, England - Sleeps 7
Ivy cottage is a luxury award winning holiday cottage that is located in the picturesque village of Winster within the Peak District. It can accommodate up to seven guests (plus two infants in cots) but is equally as popular with couples and smaller groups.
This beautiful detached stone house offers spacious accommodation and dates back to the early 1800’s. It affords a beautiful south facing garden where guests can relax whilst enjoying the lovely views over surrounding the countryside.
A short stroll takes you into the heart of the village which was formerly an ancient lead-mining village dating back as far as the doomsday book (1086). Winster with its busy social calendar of events, is an attractive village with many medieval buildings reflecting the hey-day of its mining legacy. There are many narrow and intriguing pathways that lead up and around the village which has a National Trust Historic Market Hall, two excellent pubs, two churches, a well stocked village shop and post office, playing fields, basketball, tennis courts and several playground areas.
The Peak District National Park is one of the country's best loved landscapes with its wild heather moorlands, gentle limestone dales and dramatic gritstone edges. With over five hundred acres of rolling countryside to explore, it has many excellent walks and spectacular natural backdrops. There are also a wide range of attractions in the surrounding area including: Bakewell; Matlock; Heights of Abraham; Buxton; Chatsworth House; Carsington Water and the High Peak Trail to name just a few.
Whether you are looking for a relaxing holiday or a base from which to explore the Peak District National Park, Ivy Cottage is a perfect retreat.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Games Room
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Ivy Cottage Continued
Ivy Cottage is beautifully presented to an exceptional standard and provides the following accommodation and facilities:
- Spacious entrance hall on the ground floor where you can store coats, shoes and walking boots.
- Games room with comfy seating, television, DVD player, Playstation 2 (including some games), free wireless internet and a patio door taking you outside.
- Beautiful beamed lounge with leather settees, large flat screen television (with Sky Freesat + and DVD home cinema system) and glowing log effect gas stove.
- Well equipped kitchen with hob, double oven, fridge, freezer, microwave, dishwasher, washer, tumble dryer, and coffee maker. This leads into...
- Delightful dining room which affords plenty of light with large table and six chairs, 'coal effect' Gas stove, and sound system with iPod docking station.
- Garden room which gets flooded by sun - a lovely place to sit with comfy seating, Sky Freesat television and a cloakroom with WC.
- Large double bedroom with a double bed, oak furniture and ensuite shower room with WC. There is also Freeview television.
- Twin bedroom with two single beds.
- Family bedroom with a super king sized bed, single bed, oak furniture, SKY Freesat and lovely views over the gardens.
- Luxurious bathroom with fabulous double ended bath (perfect for a long soak at the end of the day!), large double shower cubicle (including body jets), underfloor heating, 'his and hers' sinks and a WC.
Outside: Extensive landscaped gardens provide the perfect place to relax with decking area incuding ample garden furniture, BBQ and lighting. Sit outside and enjoy lovely views over the gardens and glorious surrounding countryside. There is also a large gravel driveway with off-street parking for two to three cars.
Additional information: Welcome basket, bed linen, towels (one bath, one hand towel per person), central heating, gas and electricity all included in the price. Cot and high chair available on prior request. Ample off street parking. Excellent walking from the front door. Unfortuantely no pets and no smoking.
Low Season from £345
Mid Season from £695
High Season from £895
Peak Season £995
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 7 people in 3 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin & 1 Family rm with Super King bed + Single)
Owner: Matt & Becky Gill, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Ivy Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Jan 2011
Short breaks available in September. Please see owners website for details
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 22nd June 2017