Church Farm Cottage - Fritchley, Derbyshire, The Peak District, England - Sleeps 8
Church Farm Cottage can sleep six to eight guests in three bedrooms and is a Grade II listed farmhouse with a wealth of character sitting on the outskirts of the Peak District National Park. Recently refurbished, the cottage offers a lovely blend of traditional features mixed with modern conveniences to provide an excellent base for exploring the many attractions of the area.
Nestling amongst rolling Derbyshire countryside, the surrounding landscape offers good opportunities for those who enjoy walking and mountain biking (bike hire available locally) with tracks and trails starting from the front door. There are also attractions close by including Crich Tramway village and musem for a nostalgic trip back in time, Gulliver's Kingdom with its rides and attractions that are sure to be a holiday highlight with the children and the National Stone Centre where you can learn how to carve stone or build a dry stone wall.
The local area is home to an abundance of excellent restaurants and pubs as well as pretty villages and ancient towns to explore. The bustling historic market town of Belper is the closest to Church Farm Cottage and offers a good range of shops and places for a meal out. Matlock Bath and also Matlock are also close by and just fifteen minutes away by car with the village of Cromford, steeped in industrial history, making an interesting stopping point enroute. Slightly further but still within easy reach is the famous market town of Bakewell and the popular Spa town of Buxton. Famed for its spa water, Buxton is surrounded by magnificent scenery with a wide range of shops, stunning architecture, cafes and restaurants.
The Peak District is possibly the most visited of all National Parks and provides a vast outdoor playground for a host of activities and adventures. As well as walking and cycling, climbing and caving are also popular pursuits, or alternatively soak up the scenery from a birds eye view and take a trip on a hot air balloon. For those seeking a rush of adrenaline, the mountain biking trails of Sherwood Pines in Sherwood Forest beckons (forty five minutes drive away).
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Church Farm Cottage Continued
Beautifully restored to preserve an immense amount of natural character whilst incorporating modern conveniences, accommodation comprises:
- Cosy beamed sitting room with comfy seating in front of the fireplace (ornamental) and flat screen television with DVD player and selection of films. Sofa-bed to sleep two.
- Well equipped kitchen with attractive range style cooker (with five gas rings), dishwasher, microwave and slow cooker.
- Utility area with American-style fridge-freezer, washing machine/tumble dryer, sink and cloak room with WC.
- Large open-plan sitting/dining room with dining table seating eight (high chair available) and comfy seating area to one end with wall mounted television. Computer which automatically connects to the internet.
- Flexible bedroom with super-king bed that can also be made up as two singles if required. Cot bed also available in this room.
- Super-king bedroom.
- King size bedroom with en-suite shower room including a WC and wash basin.
- Family bathroom with lovely free standing roll-top bath, WC, wash basin and walk-in shower cubicle.
Outside: Guests have access to the lawned garden with lovely views over the surrounding countryside, outdoor furniture and BBQ, off-road parking for several cars.
Additional information: Prices include bed linen, electricity, heating and towels. Up to two dogs welcome by prior arrangement. Flexible changeover offered wherever possible. Travel cot available upon request. Short breaks (two night minimum) may be available - please enquire.
Low Season from £420
Mid Season from £473
High Season from £502
Peak Season £923
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Flexible
Sleeps 8 people in 3 bedrooms (1 Super-King, 1 King, 1 Super-King/Twin + Sofa Bed)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: David & Denise Bacon, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Church Farm Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Nov 2016
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 22nd August 2017