Bluebell Cottage - Tideswell, Derbyshire, The Peak District, England - Sleeps 8
Bluebell Cottage sleeps eight guests - Formerly a pub, the cottage still provides a warm welcome and is a fantastic retreat for families and friends …
One of Tideswell's oldest properties, Bluebell Cottage dates as far back as the early 18th Century and was once a busy village pub in its former life. Ideally placed in an unrivaled position, the cottage sits in a peaceful side street in the very heart of the village and is within a short stroll of the lovely shops, pubs and tearooms where you can sample superb local produce. A convenient base which is also ideal for walkers with a public footpath passing the cottage door leading you out into glorious rolling Derbyshire countryside.
Bluebell has been lovingly restored and refurbished to a high standard for modern living while keeping the original stone and wood structures and beams with original wooden nails. It is a bright spacious character cottage which is particularly suited to families or friends getting together and has been used for many special birthday and other celebrations. Book it together with Butterfield Cottage, just a five minute walk away to cater for groups of up to fourteen guests.
It is great for those who enjoy walking, culture and outdoor pursuits and for fishing and climbing holidays. Lying at the heart of the National Park it provides a perfect base for exploring the plethora of Peak District attractions.
The towns of Bakewell and Buxton are within easy reach along with Chatsworth House and Alton Towers is only a forty five minute drive. Many episodes of Peak Practice have been filmed in this area and when you see its beauty you can understand why!
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Satellite/cable TV
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Bluebell Cottage Continued
- Cosy sitting room with original oak beams, lovely stone fireplace housing a log burner, comfy sofas, armchair and a thirty two inch widescreen television, DVD/CD player and a selection of books and games.
- Large dining table seating up to ten guests next to the kitchen (so the cook feels included!).
- Open plan kitchen very well equipped with double oven/hob/extractor, dishwasher, microwave and fridge with ice compartment.
- Utility area under the stairs with washing machine etc.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, wash basin and WC.
- Family bedroom (two levels), which can sleep four with a double bed in the main area (plus small television), en-suite shower room with WC and wash basin; plus a galleried double bedroom in the eves (overlooking the man bedroom) accessed via a steep flight of open tread steps. The original wooden structural beams are exposed to the roof.
- Second double bedroom overlooking the garden.
- Twin bedroom.
Additional information: Internet access. Fully gas centrally heated. All rooms are furnished in English country cottage style with good quality furniture and antiques. The walled garden is gated and has a small wildlife pond, paved areas, and patio furniture. The stone outbuilding is ideal for storing bikes. A public footpath lies between the cottage and garden and leads within minutes to lovely walks in the glorious Derbyshire countryside. Tariff includes internet access, household linens and heating. Pets welcome at £25 each. A good Housekeeping Bond of £40 is required which is returnable when the cottage is left in good order.
Low Season from £485
Mid Season from £550
High Season from £660
Peak Season £785
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Children: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 8 people in 3 bedrooms (1 Family rm with 2 Doubles, 1 Double rm and 1 Twin rm)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Yes
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: No
Owner: Jan Watkins, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Bluebell Cottage joined Independent Cottages in June 2008
Owner's Other Properties
Quietly set in Tideswell,the heart of peak district.Pretty Village, close to shops,pubs,tearooms,Cathderal of the Peak.Walled garden with pond and bike storage.
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 23rd July 2017