Badger Cottage - Cressbrook, Buxton, Derbyshire, The Peak District, England - Sleeps 6
Badger Cottage sleeps six guests and is a true haven of peace and tranquility - a place to escape the hustle and bustle of modern life.
As you drive to Cressbrook through the beautiful river valley, the peace and tranquility is immediately apparent. A picturesque conservation village perched on the hillside, Cressbrook is in a lovely position overlooking Monsal Dale and is close to the popular Derbyshire village of Bakewell in the Peak District National Park.
This cosy 18th Century Grade II listed cottage provides a home from home and occupies an idyllic setting leading out into National Park country with a plethora of footpaths tracks and trails to explore through sheltered wooded valleys, beautiful waterfalls and magnificent hills, rich in both wildlife and archaeological finds.
Most guests who stay comment on how idyllic the position is with the added bonus of it being exceptionally central for visiting the many attractions of the National Park including castles, historic houses, gardens, caverns and endless opportunities for outdoor activities. The popular market towns of Bakewell and Buxton (each with their own individual charm) and Chatsworth House are all a short drive away and a little further beyond is Alton Towers and many other popular attractions.
Closer to home, ‘The Cressbrook’ pub provides a warm welcome and is just a short stroll across the road. The surrounding area also offers a good choice of country restaurants and traditional inns where you can sample wonderful local produce.
An ideal choice for walkers, climbers and cyclists, Badger Cottage is close to the Monsal Trail, Ravens Tor and Water Cum Jolly. It is ideal for a family holiday and also for couples looking for a romantic break. With log burner and full central heating for the colder months and sunny gardens with patio furniture for when it is warmer, Badger Cottage is an idyllic retreat at any time of the year - a place where you immerse yourself in a peaceful setting with spectacular country views.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Badger Cottage Continued
- The pretty sitting room with mullioned latticed window overlooks the garden and has a Derbyshire stone fireplace and log burner, television, DVD/CD player and games and books to help you feel at home.
- Oak kitchen with washer/dryer, hob/oven, dishwasher, fridge (with ice compartment) and microwave.
- Downstairs bathroom with shower over bath, WC and wash basin.
- Three bedrooms - two doubles and one bedroom with sturdy full size bunk beds. The master bedroom has a double bed with pretty drapes and television, ideal to relax after a busy day exploring the area.
- Upstairs shower room with lavatory, hand basin and shaver point.
- Front terraced garden which is a sun trap with stunning views along Monsal Dale - a fantastic place to enjoy a glass of wine at the end of the day whilst watching the birds of prey soar over the dale (there is a path with steps which may not be suitable for less mobile guests). The paved rear patio is walled and gated and has garden furniture (it is a secure place for dogs and bike storage even though there is no covered area).
Additional information: All rooms have amazing rural views and are tastefully furnished. The cottage is centrally heated and warm and cosy. The price includes power and household linen. Pets are welcome at a charge of £25 per pet per visit. Car Parking is on street outside the cottage or in a free village car park just fifty yards away.
Low Season from £445
Mid Season from £475
High Season from £625
Peak Season £725
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Children: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Doubles, 1 Bunk bed room)
Owner: Jan Watkins, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Badger Cottage joined Independent Cottages in June 2008
Owner's Other Properties
Enjoy a lovely break, walk the dales, shop in pretty market towns, and as the day ends savour a glass of wine warmed on the logburner or sit on the patio and enjoy the amazing view.Free Wi Fi
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 23rd April 2017