The Old Bakery - Mollington, Banbury, Oxfordshire, England - Sleeps 8-10
The Old Bakery can sleep up to ten guests in four bedrooms and provides an excellent base for exploring Central England. Sitting in the Oxfordshire village of Mollington, close to the boundaries of Warwickshire and Northamptonshire, this large rural retreat is an ideal base for family gatherings or getting together with friends with plenty of space to relax both inside and out.
Well located, there are an abundance of attractions within easy reach. The ancient market town of Banbury which has a canal running through, is just four miles away offering a good choice of shops, pubs, cafes and restaurants. Bicester designer shopping outlet, Stratford-upon-Avon, Milton Keynes and Royal Leamington Spa with its impressive Regency architecture and superb shopping are all within driving distance. As is the Cotswolds with the pretty honey coloured villages and historic towns of Chipping Norton, Hook Norton, Chipping Campden, Stow-on-the-Wold and Bourton-on-the-Water just waiting to be explored.
Closer to home, Mollington is an attractive village with a 14th Century church, playgrounds for children and a village pub (The Green Man). The Old Bakery enjoys a rural setting and has plenty of country charm to complement it including lots of beams throughout, latch wooden doors and a stone fireplace for those who want to enjoy catching up in front of a roaring fire.
An excellent central base for exploring, relaxing or getting together with friends and families.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
The Old Bakery Continued
Accommodation is full of character and comprises:
- Entrance hall with impressive staircase.
- Sitting room with beamed ceiling, wall mounted television (with Sky), comfy seating and stone fireplace with open fire (there is a charge for using the fire and the owner needs to be notified prior to use).
- Kitchen with breakfast bar and stools where guests can sit and chat whilst keeping the cook company. Everything is provided for self-catering including a fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, cooker and hob.
- Dining room with long table seating eight guests. There is also an electric organ for old fashioned entertainment.
- Cloak room with WC and wash basin.
- Family bedroom with double bed and additional single bed if needed. This room has an en-suite shower room.
- Second family bedroom which also has a double and single sleeping three.
- Double bedroom with small four-foot double bed.
- Bunk bedroom with adult size bunk beds.
- Family bathroom with bath, shower, WC and wash basin.
Outside: There is an enclosed garden with plenty of space to relax outside when the sun shines including a patio with outdoor furniture seating ten, BBQ and loungers. Plenty of lawn space for little ones to let off steam and adults to relax. Off-road parking for up to three cars.
Additional information: WiFi internet access. Cot and high chair available by prior arrangement. Should you want to use the open fire in the sitting room, please notify the owner prior to your stay and please note that an additional charge of £15 will apply which includes logs and firelighters. Bed linen and bath/hand towels are provided and included in the price along with electricity and heating.
Low Season from £1500
Mid Season from £1500
High Season from £1500
Peak Season £1850
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 8-10 people in 4 bedrooms (2 Family rms with doubles plus a single, 1 Double & 1 Bunk bedroom)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Jackie Rumsby, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Old Bakery joined Independent Cottages in March 2017
PRICES UP TO DECEMBER 20th 2017 2 Nights £750 Autumn offer book 2 nights and get the 3rd free 3 " £900 4 " £1050 5 " £1200 6 " £1350 7 " £1500 contact the owner for more
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 22nd September 2017