Willow Cottage - Redmile, Nr Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England - Sleeps 6+2
Willow Cottage can accommodate six to eight guests in three bedrooms and is located in Redmile, a lovely Nottinghamshire village within the picturesque Vale of Belvoir.
The Cottage is located just twenty minutes from Nottingham in a tranquil rural position where guests can enjoy lovely walks along the canal shaded by willow trees, straight from the front door. Conveniently located, Willow Cottage is near to the village amenities and has two excellent pubs (The Windmill and The Peacock) just a few yards away.
Well equipped, the cottage provides flexible family-friendly accommodation with a spacious layout that is excellent for those who enjoy walking and cycling from the doorstep. Its canal-side location makes Redmile the perfect base for exploring the counties of Lincolnshire, Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire and the village is only two miles from Belvoir Castle.
The village has plenty to offer at any time of the year, from sports quizzes at The Peacock Inn to theatre productions in St Peter’s Church. There are also some great events regularly held at Belvoir Castle. The children will appreciate the huge play fort and slide in the local park, which is just a stone's throw from the cottage.
Alternatively, venture a little further afield and enjoy the many attractions that the area has to offer including: Belvoir Castle, Nottingham Castle, Burleigh House, National Watersports Centre, Belton House, Sherwood Forest, Clumber Park and Rutland Water. The children too will have plenty to keep them entertained with attractions including the White Post Farm, Ferry Farm, Sundowers, Bingham Leisure Centre with swimming pool and horse riding at Orston, to name just a few.
Locally you can also enjoy golf and fishing in the Grantham Canal (can be arranged by permit).
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Waterside Location
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Willow Cottage Continued
- Modern well equipped kitchen with microwave, washing machine, big fridge/freezer and patio doors that take you out into the enclosed garden area where you can enjoy a barbecue.
- Comfy spacious lounge with two leather sofas each seating three guests (including a sofa bed should it be needed), television, DVD/CD player and wood burner which provides a cosy place to relax after an exciting day exploring the area.
- Spacious king-size master bedroom which has lovely countryside views where you can see cattle grazing and pheasants wandering around the surrounding fields. There is room for the travel cot if required.
- Second double bedroom which has lovely views of the banks of the canal.
- Bunk bedroom which is ideal for the little ones with more of those great views over the surrounding countryside.
- Family bathroom with WC, wash basin, bath and shower.
- Downstairs cloak room with WC.
Outside: There is a fully enclosed patio/garden area which affords a good degree of shade (charcoal barbecue available).
Additional information: Prices include all utilities, linen and towels. Short breaks may be available - please enquire.
Low Season from £400
Mid Season from £500
High Season from £650
Peak Season £650
Pets: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6+2 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Doubles, 1 Bunk bed room + Sofa bed)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Yes
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: No
Owner: Ruth Russell, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Willow Cottage joined Independent Cottages in May 2010
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 20th July 2017