Freestone House - Ashby St Ledgers, Northamptonshire, England - Sleeps 10
Freestone House sleeps up to ten guests and provides self-catering for those who are looking for that special somewhere with lots of 'wow factor'. Ideal for celebrating a special occasion or for those who want to simply enjoy a taste of luxury, Freestone House provides the very best of English Village experiences.
Centrally located in the Nottinghamshire village of Ashby St Ledgers on the Warwickshire border, Freestone House is conveniently located for exploring Central England and is easily accessible from the M40, M1 and M6 (and also London by train in under an hour). A pretty chocolate box village, Ashby St Ledgers is steeped in history and has a popular pub with good restaurant just a short stroll away from Freestone House.
With parkland all around, there are plenty of opportunities for those who enjoy walking, along with good cycle routes and if that is not enough exercise, the well equipped home gym in Freestone House should put you through your paces whilst supper cooks in the Aga!
An exceptional barn conversion, Freestone House displays well thought out accommodation with an impressive level of attention to detail. Spend time listening to tracks in the music area, watch a movie in the sitting area or enjoy fine dining in the impressive dining room. And for the ultimate in relaxation, enjoy a long soak in the copper bath tub that steals centre stage in the master bedroom.
For those who can tear themselves away from Freestone House, Ashby St Ledgers is easily accessible to Warwick with its splendid castle; Shakespeare's birth place, Stratford upon Avon; Silverstone race track and the Cotswolds. Close to home is the historic village of Braunston with its canals and lovely riverside walks.
Freestone House Continued
- The entrance leads into the kitchen which is the real heart of Freestone House with plenty of space to cook and socialise. Exceptionally well equipped, this fantastic room has no shortage of 'wow factor' with its cream Aga built into a large central island, wall mounted television and large dining table which seats ten - the perfect place to get together and chat about the days adventures. Next to this is an inviting 'chill-out' space which is a nice place to retire to after dinner or to enjoy coffee with the morning paper.
- Off the kitchen is the main hallway which is long leading off to...
- Formal dining room for more sophisticated dinner parties.
- Ground floor cloakroom.
- Fantastic sitting room laid out in two social areas with the top space providing an open fire, large fifty inch television and comfy seating for all the party. On the lower level you can enjoy music and fantastic views over the garden and beyond across parkland.
- Home gym which provides a great place to burn off some holiday pounds (for safety reasons, children and restricted from this room).
- First bedroom with four poster bed, sitting area with television, en-suite with bath (low level), WC, wash basin and separate shower cubicle - this room is ideal for those with limited mobility and has French doors leading out to the garden area.
- Galleried stairs which lead up and provide views over the vaulted sitting room.
- Wonderful master bedroom with king-size sleigh bed in the centre and vaulted ceiling above providing a real sense of space. A large wall mounted LCD television and seating (including a window seat) provide a nice place for enjoying some quiet time away from it all, if you can tear yourself away from the incredible copper bath that sits in the bathroom area within the bedroom. The open style wetroom also has a fantastic waterfall drenching shower, WC and his and her basins.
- Two double bedrooms.
- One twin bedroom with two single beds.
- Family bathroom with both bath and separate shower, along with wash basin and WC.
- Laundry room with washing machine and tumble drier.
Outside: There is parking for four cars at the front of the property where there is also a lovely sitting area with rattan outdoor furniture for relaxing on the balmy evenings. An incredible water fountain is next to this providing a sense of relaxation (care must be taken with children) and a quirky red restored telephone box just to remind you that you are in England. At the back of the property is another garden which encompasses the house and backs onto beautiful parkland where you can see the country house that was used in planning the infamous Gunpowder plot by Guy Fawkes. Outside furniture, Gas BBQ and mood lighting add to the outside environment.
Additional information: No single sex parties. Two well behaved dogs welcome (£25 per dog per visit) providing they are kept downstairs and not allowed on furniture. Strictly no smoking. Short breaks available throughout the whole year.
Changeover Day: Flexible
Please enquire with owner
Sleeps 10 people in 5 bedrooms (1 Four Poster, 1 Twin, 1 King & 2 Doubles)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Sandie Ayriss, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Freestone House joined Independent Cottages in Feb 2015
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 13th August 2017