The Garden Flat No2 - Scarborough, North Yorkshire, The North York Moors, England - Sleeps 3-4
The Garden Flat is a spacious holiday retreat well suited to couples and small families with a child over the age of eight (or possibly two with the use of a trundle bed in the snug - please see details below).
Affording an enviable position, the flat sits on The Esplanade on the quieter side of Scarborough's seaside town known as South Cliff. Step out of the front door and enjoy views over South Bay (or sit on the tiered terrace and look out to sea - the perfect accompaniment to your morning coffee!). There is also a back courtyard patio/decking area that catches the last of the afternoon's sun - just the place for a 'sundowner'.
The Garden Flat has excellent amenities on the doorstep whilst enjoying a peaceful setting where you can relax and unwind by the sea. The Cliff Lift (or ‘Tram’) is a short stroll away and takes you down to the beach, the Spa Complex (which has a busy events calendar) and a good choice of cafes. The many amenities of the town, Foreshore and the Harbour are also within easy reach offering a good selection of places for a meal out as well as shops for provisions.
Sitting on the edge of the North York Moors, there are a wealth of attractions within easy reach for those who can tear themselves away from the cry of the gulls. York's magnificent city centre, the seaside town of Whitby, Dalby Forest and the many pretty Moorland villages and towns of the North York Moors are all within an hour by car. Alternatively, just stay put and relax in Scarborough, the country's first (and much loved) seaside resort that has been attracting people from as far back as the 1600's.
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
The Garden Flat No2 Continued
The flat enjoys a prime position on the Esplanade and is accessed via ten steps.
- Small lobby area which leads into...
- Hall where you can leave shoes and coats.
- Well presented sitting room in mellow restful shades. Spacious and inviting, two comfy sofas are set around an attractive fireplace with Gas fire adding a cosy atmosphere, and this room affords pleasant views over the terraced garden with the sea beyond. Large television, DVD player and CD player provided for guests entertainment.
- Snug room which can be used to store outdoor gear or as an additional bedroom if the trundle bed from the single room is placed here (please note this room has no natural light).
- Well equipped kitchen with plenty of space to cook and dine. There is a table with four chairs, electric hob over the oven (with extractor above), slim-line dishwasher, washer/dryer, fridge/freezer, flatscreen television (with DVD player) and plenty of cupboards for storage. The kitchen has views over the private decked/paved courtyard which provides a lovely place to enjoy a glass of wine in the late afternoon sunshine (outdoor furniture provided).
- King-size master bedroom with pretty bed, bed side tables with lamps and plenty of clothes storage in the wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- Second bedroom with single bed and additional trundle bed underneath which can be set up in the snug should a fourth guest want to stay.
- Shower room with corner shower enclosure, wash basin and WC.
- Additional cloakroom with WC and wash basin.
Additional information: Unfortunately no pets. The property is not suitable for children under the age of eight. Gas central heating keeps the flat warm and welcoming. Parking is available outside the flat on the road (free of charge - no permit needed). The flat is available from Easter through to October. Weekly bookings taken during the peak weeks starting on a Saturday but the owner will try to be flexible at other times and offer short breaks. For those without a car, the railway and bus stations are just half a mile away (a short taxi ride). Internet access is available in the hotel next door for the price of a coffee or drink.
Mid Season from £470
High Season from £535
Peak Season £635
Children: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 3-4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 King & 1 Single + truckle bed)
Owner: Ruth and Charles Clarke, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Garden Flat No2 joined Independent Cottages in May 2017
Hello ! If you have missed a Summer booking perhaps Autumn may appeal please enquiry for availability in October for short stays if not maybe we will welcome you next Spring/Summer to relax and enjoy.
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 22nd September 2017
Approximate Location of The Garden Flat No2
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book