Surprise View Cottages - Lowna Farmhouse - Farndale, Nr Hutton-le-Hole, North Yorkshire, The North York Moors, England - Sleeps 8
Lowna Farmhouse is one of three of Surprise View Cottages delightful holiday homes. It provides a superb base for those who enjoy walking, being on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors with immediate access out onto fields, woods and a network of public footpaths and tracks including the link walk - you can enjoy great walking without having to use the car!
Each holiday cottage sits just one mile from Hutton-le-Hole, a picturesque village renowned for its Ryedale Folk Museum.
The holiday cottages are conveniently located in the heart of the country and central for touring the area and cycling. They are only twenty five miles from Whitby, York and Scarborough and have a wealth of Churches, Castles and historic Abbeys on the doorstep, along with major attractions including the North York Moors Railway, Castle Howard and Flamingoland. There are also services and shops in the nearby market towns of Kirkbymoorside, Helmsley and Pickering.
Surprise View Cottages are positioned on a working farm and just a short distance from the farmhouse which has been in the owner’s family for over two hundred years! They overlook and are near to, ancient stone buildings that formerly housed a Tannery and Mill.
Each holiday cottage has a south-facing patio area. Lowna Farmhouse (featured within this advertisement) sleeps up to eight guests, affording an exceptional position. Surprise View Cottage sleeps four and has a fenced lawned area overlooking fields and woods. Field Barn Cottage also sleeps four and sits higher up the hill with fantastic panoramic views over the valleys and moors.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Waterside Location
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Fishing Onsite
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Stables/Livery Onsite
Surprise View Cottages - Lowna Farmhouse Continued
Seen from the vantage point at the church in Gillamoor, Lowna Farmhouse is like a jewel set in the green and gold of the Moors, woodlands and valleys. It has been brought into the 21st Century with the skills of master craftsmen to offer luxurious accommodation that has been beautifully furnished and well equipped, with a timeless quality.
The Farmhouse is especially suitable for larger groups - extended family groups, cyclists, walkers, country lovers, business groups, those who enjoy outdoor activities or bird and nature lovers. It is located in the heart of the National Park and on the very edge of the Moors which is one of the largest Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) in the country.
- Entrance hall which leads into the large farmhouse style kitchen which is beautifully presented with cream Aga as a focal point. A full range of appliances including a microwave, electric hob and oven, dishwasher and fridge, along with a large kitchen table for more informal suppers and breakfast. From the kitchen you have access outside to the paved area where you can sit and enjoy the sunshine in the garden on the warmer days - perfect for morning coffee or alfresco dining!
- Utility room that houses the boiler with washing machine, tumble dryer and freezer.
- Downstairs cloakroom.
- Attractive elegant dining room with large oak table and oak floor - perfect for more formal dining and special meals. This room leads into...
- Large living room with lots of character including exposed stone wall, beams and a wonderful open fire. There is comfy seating, television, hi-fi and Wi-Fi - an ideal place to relax at the end of the day!
- Oak staircase leads upstairs.
- Two king-size bedrooms which both have memory foam mattresses dressed with crisp cotton bed linen and en-suite shower rooms.
- Two twin bedrooms (one has an en-suite shower room with WC and wash basin) with standard size single beds dressed with crisp linen. All bedrooms afford a sunny aspect and have lovely views over the surrounding countryside.
- Family bathroom with WC and wash basin.
Additional information: Linen, fluffy towels and all services are included in the price and complimentary toiletries are provided.
Low Season from £760
Mid Season from £850
High Season from £950
Peak Season £1280
Star Rating: 5 Star
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 8 people in 4 bedrooms (2 Doubles & 2 Twins)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Ruth Wass, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Surprise View Cottages - Lowna Farmhouse joined Independent Cottages in Oct 2009
Owner's Other Properties
5 star cottages in a fatastic 'heart of country' setting; walk out leaving your car behind!
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 27th July 2017