The Limes - Ludham, Nr Horning, Norfolk, The Norfolk Broads, England - Sleeps 2
The Limes is a stunning property in a peaceful location on a former working farm with fabulous views and VisitEngland Five Star Gold, and Green Tourism awards. The owners have skilfully retained all of its original Georgian beauty and charms while incorporating contemporary touches to make it perfect for modern couples, mixing the style and benefits of a luxurious country hotel with the space and privacy of a self-catering property.
The cottage is only ten minutes on foot from the centre of Ludham village. In a five minute walk you can be settling back with a chilled glass of regional Winbirri wine at The Dog or, in ten minutes, tucking into a pie and pint of locally brewed Woodforde’s ale at the Kings Arms.
Ludham sits beside Womack Water and is perfectly positioned for exploring the Norfolk Broads and countryside. There are a number of walking and cycling trails, but an alternative way to explore is by boat or canoe which you can hire from near the bridge. There’s no nicer way to spend a sunny day than leisurely gliding along the waterway whether you head north to How Hill and Toad Hole Cottage Museum, or south to the village of Horning. Take your binoculars because this part of Norfolk is rich with birds and wildlife.
The Norfolk coast is spectacular. Sea Palling, a twenty minute drive from The Limes, has Blue Flag status for its clean water, and is a vast stretch of sandy beach that is ideal for digging and building sand castles. A good fish and chip shop serves local fish, and there are shops and an amusement arcade. Other beaches nearby include Happisburgh, with its iconic red-and-white striped lighthouse, and Horsey, which is often virtually deserted apart from a few basking seals.
Day trips can include a visit to the historic city of Norwich; the village of Burnham Market which is set around a large green and has a good choice of independent shops, galleries and cafes; and Blickling Estate, which is now managed by the National Trust and has a beautiful mansion house and acres of gardens and grounds.
Norfolk has something to appeal to everyone. There are footpaths, cycle paths and waterways for those who like to be outdoors from dawn until dusk; traditional villages full of pretty cottages made from brick or flint and thatched with Norfolk reeds; nature reserves; seaside resorts like Cromer and Sheringham where you can sit eating fresh seafood caught in the same water you are overlooking; and attractive towns like Holt with independent shops to browse that put the fun back into shopping.
Living by the water gives Norfolk life a slow, gentle pace but it is far from backwards, and with the luxurious comfort of The Limes to return to, you can enjoy every moment of your stay.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Kingsize Bed
The Limes Continued
The Limes provides extremely comfortable accommodation for two people. It is decorated and furnished to a very high standard with original Georgian features like sash windows.
- A spacious sitting room with elegant proportions overlooks the garden. Comfortable sofas face the fireplace with wood burning stove, and there is a large television with DVD player. The owners have thoughtfully provided a selection of books and games. There is also a small wooden dining table and chairs which you can leave beside the window or move into the centre of the room.
- The Shaker-style kitchen was designed specifically for the property. It is well equipped with a dishwasher, washer/dryer, electric oven and hob, and cooking utensils.
- A wet room features a large shower, hand basin and WC.
- A light-filled stairway leads to a large bedroom furnished with a king-sized bed. The dual-aspect room features a wonderfully deep roll-top bath. The room has been furnished with your comfort in mind, and includes heavy full-length curtains so you don't have to wake up until you are ready.
- The bedroom also has a dressing table with drawers, bedside tables with reading lights and ample storage.
Outside: The Limes has a secure garden with a terrace, BBQ and seating area for relaxed outdoor dining. There is private off-street parking.
Additional Information: WiFi is available throughout the property. Towels, linen, utilities and a welcome basket of logs for the wood burner are included in the price. No dogs. A cot is available on request.
Low Season from £400
Mid Season from £480
High Season from £500
Peak Season £550
Star Rating: 5 Star Gold
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 2 people in 1 bedroom (1 King)
Owner: Lynne & Dave Sheppard, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Limes joined Independent Cottages in June 2017
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 20th August 2017