The Eco Barn - Winterton-on-sea, Norfolk, The Norfolk Broads, England - Sleeps 8Group bookings available: This property is one of 2 properties which, when rented together, can accommodate up to 10 guests
The Eco Barn is located at Mill Farm and provides self-catering for up to eight guests (plus infants) in a luxurious setting with four bedrooms and four bathrooms. Ideally placed on the Norfolk Coastline on the edge of the historic fishing village of Winterton-on-sea, guests can enjoy the best of both worlds with stunning golden beaches all but on the doorstep, and the Norfolk Broads with its multitude of attractions and magical waterways close by.
Ideal for large groups of family or friends, along with couples, Mill Farm offers holiday accommodation that is sure to impress the discerning guest with a great deal of attention to detail running throughout. Accommodation is both pet and child friendly with many extra touches to make the holiday special for all family members. The little ones will love the games room and secure paddock to play in, Shetland ponies to watch and pet, rare breed chickens whose eggs are sure to be a breakfast favourite, and the glorious beach with sand dunes and miles of golden sand. Guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi, bikes are provided to explore the area, and there is a pub, cafe and fish and chip shop in the village (what better place to eat them!).
Whether you want to spend your days relaxing on the beach or out and about exploring the areas many attractions, Mill Farm is an ideal base and fantastic setting to return home to at the end of the day. The owners who live on site offer a warm welcome (including homemade cake upon arrival!) and are available to provide as much or as little assistance as required to ensure you have everything needed for a memorable holiday.
An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the local landscape offers great opportunities for bird watching, pleasant cycle rides and lovely walks. Nearby Horsey is just four miles away with its colony of seals that can often be seen basking on the beach, and wildlife enthusiasts may also want to visit Strumpshaw Fen RSPB Nature Reserve and Hickling in the Broads. Winterton itself is a magnet for birdlife with its microclimate and sand dunes that form part of a nature reserve, attracting pink footed geese, little turns, snow bunting and hen harriers to name just a few.
Out and about: The 'gateway' to the Norfolk Broads National Park is just five kilometers away with miles of waterways to explore by canoe, boat or foot. There are historic houses and spectacular gardens to visit such as East Ruston Old Vicarage Gardens (try to make time for a cup of tea and some home-made cake in the magical Tea Garden!), and National Trust owned Sheringham Park and Felbrigg Hall. For the little ones you have a vast array of great days out including Thrigby Hall Wildlife Park; Great Yarmouth for a traditional day of seaside fun; Pettitts Animal Adventure Park, BeWilderwood Adventure Park and the Bure Valley Steam Railway. There are excellent pubs for a meal out (including The Fishermen's Returns in Winterton village which serves excellent food) and opportunities for shopping in Norwich with its impressive historic city centre.
Whether you are looking to simply relax by the sea, visit the Norfolk Broads or explore Norfolk's stunning coastline, The Eco Barn is an excellent choice at any time of the year.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
The Eco Barn Continued
Designed with a high degree of comfort and functionality in mind, The Eco Barn offers the perfect blend of natural character features, mixed with modern convenience and a stylish contemporary interior to provide a welcoming retreat.
- Light and airy living space with vaulted ceiling that provides a wonderful sense of space. Arranged in two distinct areas, the lounge has comfy seating for all, large flat screen television, home cinema (that includes iPod docking) and a log burning stove for cosy nights in front of the fire. The dining area has a long table where everyone can sit and catch up on the days adventures over supper. Bi-fold doors extend the dining area outside where you can enjoy alfresco meals in the courtyard garden (patio furniture provided!).
- Spacious well equipped kitchen with dishwasher, fridge, electric range cooker, microwave and breakfast bar with stools where guests can sit and keep the cook company or chat to people in the living area.
- Utility room with washing machine, fridge / freezer and plenty of space for boots, coats and outdoor gear.
- Paddocks Room - twin bedroom with two single beds which is next to the wet room with wash basin, shower and WC.
- Farmland bedroom - a flexible room which can be arranged as a twin with two singles or super king-size bed, with en- suite bathroom with shower, wash basin and WC.
- Lighthouse bedroom (named after its lovely views of the sea which incorporate the lighthouse) - Again offering flexible sleeping, this room can be made up as two singles or a king-size bed by arrangement and has an en-suite bathroom with shower, WC and wash basin.
- Windmill bedroom is a king-size room with Juliette balcony which provides lovely views.
- House bathroom with double ended bath for a long soak at the end of the day, separate shower cubicle, wash basin and WC.
Additional information: Short breaks available - please enquire with the owner. A welcome basket is provided with lovely local goodies. Guests are welcome to help themselves to seasonal herbs and vegetables grown in the organic kitchen garden. Lots of baby equipment is available (including cot, stair gate, high chairs toys and books). Free Wi-Fi. Bed linen, towels, electricity, heating and a welcome pack of logs is provided. The barn is exceptionally dog-friendly (two dogs welcome by arrangement) with wonderful countryside and beach walks (the beach is dog-friendly all year round).
Accessibility: Please note there is a ramp up to the main door, and the kitchen, living area, paddock bedroom, wet room and courtyard garden are all on one floor with wide doorways.
Group Bookings: Mill Farm is home to two holiday homes. The Eco Barn which sleeps eight and Hay Barn (sleeps two). Both properties can be rented together to accommodate larger groups of ten (plus infants), making them ideal for extended families who enjoy a little extra personal space and privacy. Ten guests can dine together around one table. Unfortunately no all male parties. All female parties considered by arrangement.
Low Season from £845
Mid Season from £1095
High Season from £1385
Peak Season £1950
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 8 people in 4 bedrooms (3 Kings/Twins & 1 Twin)
Group booking details:
Please note: The Eco Barn sleeps 8 people. The owner has 2 properties which, when booked together, can accommodate up to 10 guests. Dining capacity: 10 (Guests can be seated together for meals).
Contact owner for group prices
All male groups: No
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Emma Punchard, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Eco Barn joined Independent Cottages in Feb 2016
Owner's Other Properties
Log burner & under floor heating, Collect eggs from rare breed chickens Games room with bikes to borrow Miles of endless sandy beaches, Broads National Park and local seal colony
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 19th August 2017
Approximate Location of The Eco Barn
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book