Limes Farm Cottage - Ludham, Nr Horning, Norfolk, The Norfolk Broads, England - Sleeps 5Group bookings available: This property is one of 3 properties which, when rented together, can accommodate up to 12 guests
Limes Farm Cottage is a charming thatched period property providing a high standard of accommodation for up to five guests and is ideal for families or couples. With both VisitEngland Five Star Gold and Green Tourism awards, Limes Farm Cottage offers everything you could want from a country retreat.
The cottage sits in a peaceful spot on a former working farm around a ten-minute walk from Ludham village where two great pubs, The Dog and The Kings Arms, offer a relaxed alternative if you don’t feel like cooking. Limes Farm Cottage is spacious enough for five guests but cosy enough for two, and with a double bedroom and walk in shower room on the ground floor, it is a good option for those with limited mobility.
Ludham makes an excellent base for your Norfolk holiday, being close to the Broads and within easy reach of the spectacular coastline. There are several lovely footpaths and cycle paths leading through and around the village, but one of the nicest ways to explore the local area is to hire a boat or kayak for the day. Nearby How Hill with its Electric Eel Water Trail Boat Trip and Toad Hole Cottage Museum is a favourite destination for a day out for the whole family, including dogs.
It may be in the heart of the Broads, surrounded by marshes and nature reserves, but part of the beauty of Ludham is that it is not far from the coast. The nearest beach, Sea Palling, is around ten miles away. It has Blue Flag status and lifeguards in the summer, making it popular for swimming and sailing. Also within a thirty minute drive are Cart Gap Beach, Horsey (much loved for its seal colonies) and Winterton-on-Sea. Great Yarmouth and Cromer are a scenic drive from the cottage, or you could also visit Happisburgh or Mundesley.
Historic Norwich is around thirty minutes by car from Limes Farm Cottage. It is a fantastic city with a magnificent cathedral, the Plantation Gardens, Castle Museum and Art Gallery, and an extensive array of shops, bars, cafes and restaurants. Bewilderwood, Wroxham Barns Farm and Amazona Zoo are all popular with families with young children and are just a short drive away.
The Norfolk Broads have been attracting visitors for centuries, and you will understand why when you see its beautiful scenery for yourself. It doesn't matter if your perfect holiday involves non-stop action or slowing right down, and whether you love to cook or your idea of heaven is tasting freshly-caught seafood in out-of-the-way places, you will find a warm welcome at Limes Farm Cottage.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
Limes Farm Cottage Continued
The former farm worker’s home has been skilfully renovated to sleep up to five guests in three bedrooms. The owners have been awarded a Gold Green Tourism Award for the many eco-friendly touches in Limes Farm Cottage, including the use of geothermal heating, electricity-generating solar panels and carbon neutral wood burning stoves.
- Entry is via a rose-covered porch into a spacious, light-filled home. Tiled floors make it practical for dogs, while under floor heating maintains a comfortable temperature.
- In the sitting room, exposed oak beams contrast with fresh white walls, and leather couches offer comfortable seating facing the wood burning stove. There is a flat-screen television with DVD player and a selection of games and books for relaxed family fun.
- The kitchen/dining room is wonderfully spacious with a tiled floor and custom designed, hand-crafted kitchen. There is a breakfast bar, dining table and chairs to seat eight, and a couch. The kitchen is equipped with everything to make self-catering for families a joy including a dishwasher, double fridge, freezer, cooking utensils, cutlery and crockery. Cooks can use the double-oven range or the modern combination oven and hob. French doors open onto the rear patio and garden. A washing machine and tumble dryer are also in the kitchen.
- One of the property's two double bedrooms is downstairs and furnished with a comfortable bed, bedside tables with reading lights, and good quality linen.
- The wet room is a lovely modern addition that makes the property suitable for those with mobility issues. In addition to a walk in shower, it features a large hand basin and WC.
- The master bedroom is tastefully decorated with warming neutral shades. It boasts an ensuite bathroom with large roll top bath, hand basin and WC.
- Tucked away under the eaves is a charming single room with fantastic views from the dormer window. This room is open to the landing and reached by a flight of paddle stairs.
Outside: Limes Farm Cottage is set on a former working farm. It has a private, fenced garden with paved patio and barbeque area, as well as the use of the farm's orchard and lawn. There is off-street parking, and EV charging is available.
Additional Information: Limes Farm Cottage has free WiFi throughout. All utilities, linen, and a welcome basket of logs for the wood burner are included in the price. Up to two well-behaved dogs are welcome with prior agreement with the owners. Depending on availability, Limes Farm Cottage can be booked together with The Limes and Limes Farmhouse to provide accommodation for up to twelve people.
Low Season from £520
Mid Season from £620
High Season from £710
Peak Season £925
Star Rating: 5 Star Gold
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 5 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Doubles & 1 Single)
Group booking details:
Please note: Limes Farm Cottage sleeps 5 people. The owner has 3 properties which, when booked together, can accommodate up to 12 guests. Dining capacity: 0.
Contact owner for group prices
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Lynne & Dave Sheppard, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Limes Farm Cottage joined Independent Cottages in June 2017
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 26th September 2017