Golebys Cottage - Hickling, Norwich, Norfolk, The Norfolk Broads, England - Sleeps 2 + 2
Goleby's Cottage has stood on a quiet lane in the Norfolk village of Hickling for 250 years and, with any luck, it will be there to provide a comfortable haven for 250 more. The cottage, which sleeps four and is ideal for a family, is just behind the village high street and within easy reach of The Greyhound, a popular local pub at the heart of the community and the perfect place for a drink and a relaxed meal. Like Goleby's Cottage, The Greyhound is dog and child-friendly.
Hickling is the largest of the Norfolk Broads and offers an excellent variety of water sports including sailing, canoeing and fishing. The village has a pretty church, and there are lovely walks and bike rides leading from it. The town of Stalham is a ten-minute drive (or flat 30 minute cycle away). There you will find shops, cafes, a cash point, and other amenities you may need.
One of the many benefits of staying at Goleby's Cottage is its location in between the Broads and the beaches which means you are never far from where you want to be. Norfolk beaches are world-class, with soft golden sand stretching for miles. Waxham, Sea Palling, and Horsey are all close. As well as having the opportunity to tuck into freshly caught crab or delicious ice-cream, your trip to the beach may even include spotting seals splashing in the ocean or sunning themselves on the shore.
An abundance of birds and wildlife thrive in and around Hickling and you don't have to be an expert to appreciate the serenity of this calm environment. However, if you want to liven things up, then Norwich, Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth are all within an hour's drive.
There is no "best" time of year to visit Norfolk. It's amazing all year round. As popular as it is in summer, it rarely feels crowded, and if it does, there is always a secluded beach or cove just waiting for you around the coastline. The changing seasons and rich wildlife and bird population make it popular with photographers, twitchers and walkers, while the flat landscape and extensive waterways are ideal for cycling, horse riding, kayaking and boating (including sailing).
It is possible to feel truly connected with your surroundings in Norfolk, an incredible county that guarantees a friendly welcome and timeless charm. Goleby's Cottage is a wonderfully comfortable base from which to discover this very special part of the country.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
Golebys Cottage Continued
- Entry is through a covered porch. The downstairs (except the bathroom) is tiled and has underfloor heating.
- Cosy open-plan living room features a multi-fuel stove and exposed beams. Plush couches face the fire and a flatscreen television with DVD player. A welcome pack of fuel for the fire is provided, as are books and games for relaxed family evenings.
- The country kitchen includes a large pine table with bench seating, wall oven, electric hob, integrated dishwasher, fridge/freezer, and washer/dryer. There is ample crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils.
- Some non-perishable ingredients and basic cleaning items are included. The owners have also provided an iron and ironing board.
- A family bathroom features a full sized bath, walk in shower, hand basin and WC.
- The master bedroom is furnished with an antique Victorian style brass bed, bedside tables with reading lights, a chest and wardrobe for storage, mirror, and iPod dock with radio. This room has underfloor heating.
- The second bedroom has twin beds, bedside table and light, a small television with integrated DVD player, and radio.
Outside: Stable doors lead into the porch then into the sitting room from the pretty enclosed cottage garden which is a riot of flowers and greenery in spring and summer. A patio table and chairs is perfect for outdoor meals, and there is a barbeque for guests to use. The garden also includes a shed with space to store two bikes. Car parking is on the lane outside the cottage.
Additional Information: All bedding, towels and electricity are included in the cost, and there is WiFi throughout the property. Well behaved dogs are welcome downstairs and in the garden. No smoking. Short breaks are available depending on availability. A welcome basket of fuel for the log burner and barbeque is included.
Low Season from £430
Mid Season from £554
High Season from £594
Peak Season £638
Pets: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 2 + 2 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin)
Owner: Phil and Jo Keenan, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Golebys Cottage joined Independent Cottages in May 2017
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 17th August 2017