Upper Barn Stable - Reepham, Near Norwich, Norfolk, England - Sleeps 2
Upper Barn Stable is a charming, cosy, semi detached stable conversion that sits in a peaceful position on the outskirts of the small historic market town of Reepham in Norfolk. Between the Wensum and Bure valleys, this holiday home has been beautifully restored to offer comfortable single level holiday accommodation with features that include exposed beams and a wood burning stove. There is also a hot tub that guest's may use by prior arrangement.
With its lovely market square, Reepham is just one mile away and offers interesting shops, tearooms, restaurants and traditional inns. The town is set amongst beautiful countryside providing plenty of walking and cycling opportunities. The Marriott's Way footpath which extends to some twenty miles, can be joined locally and provides a pretty peaceful route that takes you through woodland and fields.
The coastal areas of Cley and Blakeney are nearby, offering bird watching and more fantastic walking opportunities. The seaside town of Cromer is also close by with its Blue Flag sandy beaches, famous Cromer Crabs, excellent seafood restaurants and promenade.
A little further afield but within driving distance, is the historic City of Norwich, with its excellent shopping centre, impressive cathedral and wide selection of eating establishments.
Other local attractions and points of interest include:
- Salle Church and Anne Boleyn - Salle Church can be seen from Upper Barn Stable and is a glorious ten minute walk away. It has strong connections with Anne Boleyn (one of King Henry VIII's wives) who is reported to have be buried in the churchyard.
- Blackney National Nature Reserve - This three and a half mile long shingle and sand spit is a haven for all kinds of wildlife and well noted for its colonies of breeding terns, migrant birds that pass through in the summer and common and grey seals that can also be seen.
- Morston Quay - This small quay provides access to the coastal path where you can enjoy extensive views across Blakeney Point and large areas of saltmarsh. Beans Boat trips can be taken at high tide, where you can get up close to the seals.
- Blickling Hall - In the care of the National Trust and located in the village of Blickling, this stately home takes you on a voyage of discovery, where you can follow four centuries of history.
- Norfolk Broads and Wroxham - Often referred to as the 'Gateway to the Norfolk Broads', Wroxham is a vibrant popular village and home to the world's largest village store! There are plenty of restaurants and pubs in Wroxham and you can hire a day cruiser to explore the waterways.
Centrally located, Upper Barn Stable provides an ideal holiday retreat for couples looking for an enjoyable break in this lovely part of Norfolk.
- Internet Access
- Hot Tub
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Upper Barn Stable Continued
Ground floor accommodation comprises:
- One double bedroom.
- Fitted kitchen with small dining area, electric oven and hob, microwave and fridge.
- Sitting room with wood burner, television with digi-box, video, DVD and CD player (open plan with bedroom) and MP3 player docking system.
- Shower room with shower cubicle, WC and wash basin.
Outside: Private lawned garden and gravelled area with garden furniture and BBQ. Off road parking for one car.
Additional information: Guest's may book the use of the hot tub - The cost of this is not factored into the standard rates to ensure accommodation charges are kept competitive for those who do not wish to use it. However, if you would like a relaxing bubble during your stay, you can pay an additional charge of £10 per hour to secure private use. Weekend and midweek short breaks available - please enquire with the owner. Heating is provided by electric panel heaters with additional heating available from oil filled free standing electric radiators. Starter pack for woodburner included in the rates, along with bed linen and towels. Electricity charged via meter reading. Unfortunately no pets and no smoking. The nearest pub and shop is one mile away. Cot and high chair available by request.
Low Season from £165
Mid Season from £230
High Season from £330
Peak Season £450
Children: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Saturday
Please enquire with owner
Sleeps 2 people in 1 bedroom (1 Double)
Owner: Diane Pearce, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Upper Barn Stable joined Independent Cottages in Nov 2011
Hot Tub, log fire, local pub and walks - perfect way to spend sometime out. Call 07988 516 286 now.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 27th February 2017