Stones Throw Cottage - Mundesley, Norfolk, England - Sleeps 5
Stones Throw Cottage sleeps up to five guests and sits in a highly desirable position on the Norfolk Coast, just a stone' throw (as the name suggests) from Mundesley's glorious sandy Blue Flag Beach. Providing the perfect marriage of Victorian charm and contemporary style, this delightful cottage is presented to a high standard throughout and is perfect for families, friends and also couples who enjoy a little extra space around them.
With three attractive bedrooms, a stylish kitchen/diner, welcoming sitting room with log burner and sunny courtyard for a glass of wine or alfresco meal in the warmer months, Stones Throw Cottage is an appealing seaside retreat at any time of the year. It sits in a residential cul-de-sac with a park a short stroll away where children can play (zip wire, skate park, amusements and crazy golf are just some of its attractions for the little ones).
Mundesley has a fabulous nostalgic traditional seaside vibe with a good choice of shops (including those for provisions, gifts and fish and chips!), cafes, pub for meals out and also a Tesco's supermarket - all within easy walking distance of the cottage. The village has a golf course, and its glorious golden sands are popular with surfers, swimmers, walkers and those who simply want a lazy day with a picnic building sand castles. The beach is lifeguard patrolled during the summer months and has a cafe, toilets as well as the option to hire deck chairs and wind breaks.
For those who can tear themselves away from this coastal haven, the area offers a great choice of attractions for day trips out. Drive to the Ingham Swan for some fine dining, or The Gunton Arms for a long leisurely lunch amongst the magical setting of the deer park. For a change of beach scene, head to Cromer with its spectacular pier, Sheringham or the historic Georgian market town of Holt for a browse around the shops. The National Trust properties of Sheringham Park, Felbrigg and Blickling are also within easy reach, as is Norwich with its bustling city scene. For the little ones, BeWilderwood, Cromer Zoo and Pleasurewood Hills are just a few of the popular attractions that are sure to be a holiday highlight.
Whether you're looking for a beach holiday, winter break by the sea or want to explore Norfolk and its many attractions, Stones Throw Cottage is fabulous retreat in an equally fabulous location.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Stones Throw Cottage Continued
Sitting in a quiet cul-de-sac, Stones Throw Cottage is as the name reflects, just a short stroll from the beach and sea.
- Perfectly combining the Victorian charm of wooden floor boards and a fireplace housing a log burner, with contemporary furnishings, the sitting room provides a lovely place to relax at the end of the day. Comfy seating, Smart television, Bluetooth speaker and DVD player complement the room. This leads into...
- Kitchen and dining area with bathroom leading off. The kitchen is exceptionally stylish with off-white units topped in shiny granite with a gas cooker, washing machine, microwave, fridge and that all important Nespresso coffee machine! To one side is the dining area with table and chairs. A door to the back of the kitchen takes you outside to the courtyard (south facing so lots of sun!) where you can sit outside (outdoor furniture and BBQ provided for alfresco dining).
- Off the dining area is the shower room beautifully tiled in a wet-room style with drencher shower, WC and wash basin.
- Master double bedroom with cupboard for hanging clothes.
- Additional double bedroom (with clothes storage).
- Single bedroom (again with clothes storage).
- Please note that due to being an older property, the stairs leading up to the bedrooms are steeper than some modern homes so may not be suitable for those with mobility issues and care will need to be taken with toddlers.
Outside: Guests have a sunny courtyard garden with outdoor furniture, BBQ and chiminea - a lovely place to enjoy a glass of wine at the end of a lazy day on the beach. There is also off-road parking for one car at the back of the cottage.
Additional information: Central heating keeps the cottage cosy all year round. Off-road parking for one car. WiFi internet access available. Bed linen and towels (but not beach towels) included in the price along with heating, electricity and a welcome basket of logs. A travel cot, safety gate, high chair and baby bath are available making the cottage as child friendly as possible. No smoking and sorry but no pets.
Prices: A simple pricing structure applies throughout the year with £100 per night being charged between the months of April to October (three night minimum short breaks available apart from during school holidays in the summer when seven nights are offered). Outside of this period £80 pr night applies with a two night minimum (apart from Christmas and New year which are charged at £700 per week).
Low Season from £560
Mid Season from £560
High Season from £700
Peak Season £700
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 5 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Doubles & 1 Single)
Owner: Kate Barker, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Stones Throw Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Jan 2017
Short breaks available throughout the year Low season - £80 per night Sept to March (min 2 nights) High season - £100 per night April to Oct (min 3 nights) Summer school hols min 7 nights
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 1st August 2017
Approximate Location of Stones Throw Cottage
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book