Latch Cottage - Grimston, Norfolk, England - Sleeps 5
Latch Cottage dates back to 1880 and is a beautifully presented holiday retreat sleeping up to five guests in three bedrooms. With a wealth of original features, and many extra loving touches, this is an ideal base from which to explore this beautiful part of North Norfolk, with plenty of places to visit and attractions for all ages. Whilst the cottage does not have a ground floor bedroom, there is a ground floor toilet and stair lift that takes you up to the first floor.
Nicely placed in a courtyard setting, the cottage offers private parking for two cars and has excellent amenities on the doorstep, so perfect for those who prefer not to use the car whilst on holiday.
The ancient village of Grimston dates back to Roman times and enjoys a rural aspect surrounded by gently rolling countryside that is ideal for walkers, twitchers and wildlife enthusiasts. There is a village store for stocking up on provisions and a choice of three pubs for a meal out nearby, as well as Congham Hall Hotel for fine dining and spa facilities for those who want some pampering. Leziate country park is also nearby and has lovely walks to enjoy, along with water sports including kayaking.
There are plenty of lovely days out within easy reach. Norfolk's beautiful golden beaches are just a fifteen minute drive away, or hop on the coastal bus and leave the car at the cottage. This part of the coast has immense appeal for bird watchers and wildlife enthusiasts being the home to the famous Wash Nature Reserve with excellent bird spotting opportunities and nature trails to explore; Titchwell with its fresh and saltwater marsh, Salthouse Marshes and Blakeney Nature Reserve with its famous seal colony to name just a few. Roydon Common is also a popular place to visit for bird watchers and right on the 'doorstep' being just a short stroll from the cottage.
For lovers of country houses, a visit to Sandringham Estate is a must. The country retreat for Her Majesty The Queen and also the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the estate is steeped in four generations of royal history and has a country park that is open to the public all year round (free of charge!), amongst its other attractions. Holkham Hall and Estate; the spectacular moated Oxburgh Hall; Felbrigg Hall (both owned by National Trust) and impressive Houghton Hall with its stunning gardens and grounds dotted with contemporary art sculptures are just a few of the other beautiful country houses and gardens to visit in the area.
The villages and towns of North Norfolk host a number of events throughout the year. For equestrians, the Burnham Market Horse Trials is a popular event, as are the race meets at Fakenham Race Course. Sandringham Stud is another popular place for horse lovers; or slow the pace right down and visit whilst the world famous Snail Racing Event is held mid July! The vibrant market town of King's Lynn also hosts its fair share of events with its July/August Music Festival and the Literary Festival which takes place in March. It also has year round appeal with museums, art galleries, superb shopping, twice weekly markets (Saturday and Tuesday) and theatres to name just a few.
Seven night (or longer) breaks available - unfortunately short breaks cannot be accepted
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Accessible via Public Transport
Latch Cottage Continued
- You enter into the sitting room which is a wonderfully welcoming room with comfy seating, flatscreen television, DVD and CD player and a lovely brick fireplace as a feature with log burning stove - the perfect place to relax at the end of the day in front of a real fire.
- Well equipped kitchen with lovely range cooker (electric), dishwasher, microwave, fridge/freezer with plenty of space and even a bread maker! Whether you are catering for breakfast or Christmas dinner, you will find everything needed.
- Bright and cheerful dining room with table and seating for six guests and door that takes you outside.
- Cloak room with WC, wash basin, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Stairs take you up to the first floor and for those with limited mobility, there is a stair lift.
- Twin bedroom with two single beds at the back of the cottage. A sunny room in the morning, there is plenty of clothes storage and facilities for making tea and coffee.
- Shower room with double size shower, WC, wash basin and heated towel rail.
- Single bedroom which is again a very comfortable room with clothes storage, television and facilities to make tea and coffee.
- A charming double attic bedroom where you can tuck yourself away with Freeview television, clothes storage, en-suite (with WC and wash basin), facilities to make tea and coffee and windows which let the sun in during the day and provide nice views over the village.
Outside: Guests have plenty of room to relax outside during the warmer weather with a pretty enclosed garden at the front and a private garden. Relax on the lawned area with a good book or enjoy alfresco dining (outdoor furniture and BBQ are provided and guests are welcome to help themselves to the herbs that grow in the borders). For those who want to bring their bike to explore the area, there is a shed with lockable storage.
Additional information: One well behaved dog is accepted by prior arrangement at an additional charge of £30. The cottage is not suitable for children under five years of age. A welcome basket of logs is provided. Internet access provided. Seven night minimum breaks are offered (unfortunately short breaks cannot be accommodated).
Low Season from £400
Mid Season from £500
High Season from £610
Peak Season £660
Pets: Enquire with owner
Children: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 5 people in 3 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin, 1 Single)
Owner: Susan Pratt, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Latch Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Jan 2016
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 17th August 2017