Ringwood Terrace - Brockenhurst, Hampshire, The New Forest, England - Sleeps 6+2
Ringwood Terrace sleeps six guests in three bedrooms, and boasts a fabulous position overlooking Waters Green in the attractive village of Brockenhurst in the very heart of the New Forest National Park. Full of Victorian charm with original fireplaces and lovely bay window that floods the sitting room with light (and fabulous views!), the cottage is ideal for families and friends with an excellent range of amenities on the doorstep.
Brockenhurst is a popular holiday destination, and the village has a good choice of pubs, shops, restaurants and even a riding stables just a short stroll from Ringwood Terrace. It has a mainline railway station from London Waterloo to Weymouth, providing a quick and easy journey from the city for those looking for a weekend break; and access to the Dorset coast for day trips out that don't involve the car.
The open forest is literally just yards from the cottage, providing immediate access to miles and miles of tracks and trails to explore by foot, bike or horse back. So close is the village to the forest that cattle, donkeys and ponies roam freely in Brockenhurst and grazing the green outside Ringwood Terrace.
The surrounding area offers an abundance of things to see and do. Hire a bike (or bring your own) and enjoy leisurely bike rides that will take you along leafy lanes and through the forest dotted with pretty little thatch cottage villages and traditional pubs enroute for refreshment. Book to go pony-trekking - a great way to get off the beaten track and see the native New Forest ponies up close in their natural habitat (all abilities are catered for at Brockenhurst Riding Stables in the village). Enjoy a day by the coast and visit Milford-on-Sea or the Georgian market town of Lymington with its great weekly market, boutiques and high street names. From Lymington you can catch the ferry to the Isle of Wight. The National Motor Museum in Beaulieu is another of the areas (in fact the country's!) top attractions, as is Buckler's Hard, steeped in maritime history.
Whether you want to simply relax in this picturesque forest setting or get out and about exploring the areas many attractions, Ringwood Terrace provides a welcoming retreat for your New Forest holiday at any time of the year.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
Ringwood Terrace Continued
- Front sitting room with the original Victorian fireplace for log fires, wooden floor, television, DVD player, two large comfy sofas (one which is a double sofa bed), and a big bay window that lets the light flood in - a nice place to sit and watch the ponies and cattle grazing outside on Waters Green.
- Dining room with round drop-leaf table which can seat six. A cupboard under the stairs stores a toy box with games for the younger guests, and there is plenty of tourist information provided to help guests plan their holiday.
- Kitchen equipped with everything needed for self-catering including washing machine, microwave, fridge/freezer, electric oven, gas hob and garden views.
- Attractive master double bedroom at the front of the cottage which features a lovely original feature fireplace and offers plenty of clothes storage. The morning light floods into this room which has views over the green and forest beyond.
- Light and airy second double bedroom with garden views and the original feature fireplace.
- Twin room which the younger ones will love with room for a cot.
- Family bathroom with walk-in shower cubicle, bath and wash basin.
- Separate WC.
Outside: There is a sunny south facing private garden with patio and outdoor furniture, and lawn area where children can play. There is also a covered area for bike storage.
Additional information: The cottage has central heating keeping it warm all year round. A telephone is available for incoming calls. Travel cot available. WiFi internet access free of charge. Short breaks offered throughout the year - please enquire with the owner. Well behaved dogs may be accepted by prior arrangement.
Low Season from £400
Mid Season from £600
High Season from £800
Peak Season £1250
Pets: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Friday
Sleeps 6+2 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Doubles & 1 Twin bedroom + double sofa bed)
Owner: Janet & Stephen Morris, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Ringwood Terrace joined Independent Cottages in July 2008
Summer weeks or short breaks still have availability
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 16th August 2017