Laurel House - Lymington, Hampshire, The New Forest, England - Sleeps 6
Laurel House is perfectly located in the heart of the vibrant Georgian market town of Lymington with its cobbled quayside. It is a beautifully refurbished Victorian town house which provides charming holiday accommodation for six guests. Lymington is popular for sailing and also the Saturday market and offers a good selection of bars, restaurants, supermarkets and shops within walking distance from the house. The bustling quay with working fishing boats and private yachts is also a short stroll away and there are two local slipways which are available for launching powerboats and dinghies.
The beautiful New Forest is just one mile away and offers walkers and cyclists miles of forestry paths to explore and enjoy amongst much wildlife and of course the New Forest ponies. There are numerous places of interest to enjoy in this area including: Exbury Gardens with its train ride through Rhododendron Garden and Beaulieu, home of the renowned National Motor Museum (15 Minutes Drive). There are also plenty of activities including: horse riding; indoor swimming (along with an open air pool just a ten minute walk away); golf; dry slop skiing and track cycling (bikes can be hired in the town).
Lymington has easy rail links to Southampton, Bournemouth and London and the Isle of Wight car ferry departs every half-hour or you can use the Little Puffin Cruise that departs from Lymington quay.
For those who want to venture a little further afield, the countryside towns of Lyndhurst and Brockenhurst are within easy reach and the city of Winchester and Salisbury (famous for being home to the tallest cathedral spire in England) are under forty five minutes away. Bournemouth is also a good day out with its lovely sandy beaches (forty minutes by car).
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Golf Nearby
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
Laurel House Continued
- Sitting room and dining area with comfy leather chairs/sofa, dining table with chairs, Gas fire, television with DVD player, Skybox and CD player.
- Kitchen with beech units, fridge/freezer, large cooker with five gas rings and extractor, microwave and plenty of pots, pans, crockery, glassware and cutlery.
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble drier.
- Cloak room with WC with wash basin.
- Stairs leading up to the first-floor landing.
- Master bedroom with double cast-iron bed, Victorian fireplace and large chest of drawers. This room leads into the en-suite shower room with wash basin and WC.
- Twin bedroom with large wardrobe, chest of drawers beside the bed and window looking out over the pretty walled garden.
- Stairs from the landing lead up to...
- Second-floor double bedroom with wardrobe, dressing table and rooftop views over Lymington, along with glimpses of the river.
- Family Bathroom with double ended bath, wash basin and WC.
Additional information: There is a courtyard garden which is walled and private with flower beds, teak garden furniture, garden lighting and gate providing access to the front of Laurel House. Electricity and heating is included in the price. No smoking (except in the garden). Unfortunately no pets (apart from guide dogs).
Low Season from £500
Mid Season from £630
High Season from £740
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Doubles, 1 Twin)
Owner: Nikki Welbourne-Jones, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Laurel House joined Independent Cottages in July 2008
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 21st June 2017