Hurstly Cottage 1 - Lymington, Nr Beaulieu, Hampshire, The New Forest, England - Sleeps 8
Hurstly Cottage 1 sleeps up to eight guests in four bedrooms and is a perfect holiday retreat set deep within a pretty and secluded garden at the edge of the New Forest National Park. Ideal for romantic getaways, getting together with friends or a family holiday, this welcoming retreat has been sympathetically renovated and is in good decorative order to ensure a comfortable stay at any time of the year. This sunny cottage is a real home away from home which is fully equipped with everything needed for a fantastic holiday.
The cottage sits off a country lane and is approached via a private driveway. With plenty of space to relax, yet a cosy inviting atmosphere, guests can enjoy a private setting with the added convenience of being just a short car ride from both Brockenhurst and Lymington where you will find excellent amenities.
For those who want to explore the local area by foot, you can leave the cottage and stroll to Royden Woods and the Lymington River or head off across the rolling heathland where you will see the native ponies and cattle freely grazing. There is a good pub ‘The Hobler Inn’ just a short walk away from the cottage with an excellent menu, serving local ales from Ringwood Brewery, and three other good pubs that are also within walking distance - all serving great food.
This is a perfect base in the forest to spend a holiday where you are only minutes from the sea with beaches, yacht charter, fishing expeditions and half hourly ferry links to Yarmouth, the Isle of Wight and Hurst Castle.
Nearby attractions: Horse Riding; Golf Course; Cycling and walking; A good variety of excellent restaurants; Lymington High Street and renowned Saturday market; Beaulieu Motor Museum and Park; Bucklers Hard; Exbury Gardens; Paultons Park.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Hurstly Cottage 1 Continued
The accommodation comprises:
Upstairs - sleeps eight guests in four bedrooms:
- Bedroom one – Spacious master bedroom with a super king bed which can be made into two singles and overlooks the front garden.
- Bedroom two – Super king bed which can be made into two singles overlooking the front garden.
- Bedroom three – Super king bed, which can be made into two singles, overlooking woods.
- Bedroom four – has a large single bed which can be extend to a full king size, overlooking the wood.
- Family Bathroom with WC, washbasin, bath and separate shower.
- All bedrooms have plenty of hanging and storage space.
- Country style large kitchen with plenty of cupboards (plus dresser) for storage, wooden floor, cream Aga (turned off during the summer months). Gas cooker, dishwasher, microwave, fridge, separate freezer and plenty of china, glasses, pots and pans.
- Adjoining the kitchen is the breakfast room with table and chairs.
- Snug – cosy sitting room with open fireplace, television and DVD player, lots of children’s games and a large book library.
- Dining Room with a large dining table which expands to seat ten to twelve guests, wood burner. This leads down two steps into…
- Main sitting room which has three large comfy sofas, stereo, television and DVD player and leads out through French doors into the south facing garden.
- Second bathroom with a large shower, WC and wash basin.
- Laundry room with washer, dryer and ironing facilities.
- Lobby with plenty of hanging space for coats and wellies.
Additional information: Bed linen and towels are provided. Gas central heating, electricity and the first basket of logs are included. There are two travel cots, two high chairs and stair gates. There is a telephone from which guests can make local calls. Well behaved dogs are welcome by prior arrangement providing they are kept in the downstairs areas.
Outside - There is a large sized gas fired barbecue and patio with rustic outside tables and chairs. The lovely gardens extend all the way down to lane giving various areas for lazing and playing. There is plenty of space for three or more cars/ trailers, boats etc. The garden is relatively dog and child proof!
Low Season from £950
Peak Season £1780
Pets: Yes 3 or more dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 8 people in 4 bedrooms (3 x Super-king/2 singles & 1 Super-king/ 1 single)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Andy Russell-Smith, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Hurstly Cottage 1 joined Independent Cottages in Oct 2009
w/c 28th August and 4th Sept are available.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 16th August 2017
Approximate Location of Hurstly Cottage 1
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book