Acorns Caravan - Ogdens, Nr Fordingbridge, Hampshire, The New Forest, England - Sleeps 4
Offering the opportunity to get away from it all, this quality residential type caravan provides self-catering in the New Forest National Park under three miles from Fordingbridge.
Perfect for those who like to be outdoors and dog owners, Acorns Caravan does not just accept dogs, it goes out of its way to welcome them and there is plenty of space within the garden where they can run free if they are not already exhausted from exploring the miles of forest tracks!
The surrounding area offers amazing walks, bike rides, fishing and is ideal for those who like being at one with nature, where you can sit and watch the birds or just gaze up at the big skies twinkling brightly with stars. It is also perfect for those who enjoy horse riding with an equestrian centre just four hundred yards away and onsite facilities for those who want to bring their horse away.
Well located, the caravan sits in the pretty hamlet of Ogdens and is within easy driving distance of Bournemouth on the coast (around twenty five minutes) as well as Salisbury and Southampton who all offer a large choice of shops and places for a meal out.
Closer to home are Ringwood and Fordingbridge with a good selection of shops. An award winning local farm shop in South Gorley and a PYO farm for strawberries where you can ride on a narrow-gauge railway under steam power. There are several excellent dog friendly pubs within the close locality.
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Stables/Livery Onsite
Acorns Caravan Continued
A warm welcome awaits when you arrive at Acorns Caravan with a welcome tray to make a cup of tea or coffee, and of course a Bonio biscuit and water bowl for four legged guests.
- One double bedroom.
- One twin bedroom. Bed linen is provided for the two bedrooms.
- Living area with sitting, dining and kitchen area with microwave, gas cooker and fridge. There is a freezer in the garden shed. A Freesat television and DVD player are provided for guests entertainment.
- Shower room with flush WC, wash basin and shower.
- The caravan is heated to keep you cosy and warm.
- For those who need to do washing whilst away, the owner is happy to let you use their washing machine if needed.
- Bike storage available in the shed so bring your bikes to explore the forest.
- Dogs of any size are more than welcome and dust sheets (as well as 'poo' bags) are provided to keep furniture covered when needed.
- This is a 'get away from it all' location so unfortunately there is no WiFi internet access. However, if you have a dongle (T-Mobile) you can get a very slow reception.
- The caravan is maintained by the owner and changed every few years to ensure it is well kept.
Outside is what makes Acorns Caravan so appealing with plenty of space for dogs to run freely and a private garden area with table and chairs where you can relax, and soak up the countryside all around. Plenty of off-road parking.
Additional information: No smoking. Two (large) to three (small) well-behaved dogs are welcome at a small additional charge. Children aged five and above welcome. Bed linen provided but please bring your own towel. Electricity charged via a £1 coin meter. Short breaks available during April and May and at other busy times at short notice if available.
Low Season from £240
Mid Season from £285
High Season from £360
Peak Season £415
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Double & 1 Twin)
Owner: Elaine Matthews, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Acorns Caravan joined Independent Cottages in June 2016
We make a small charge of £12 per dog per week. Any size dog is most welcome. If you want to bring your horse on holiday then please contact us for details or www.dogscome2.co.uk
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 19th August 2017
Approximate Location of Acorns Caravan
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book