Bunny Cottage - The City of Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland - Sleeps 3+2
Bunny Cottage is a secluded garden flat that forms part of Rabbit Hall, a large Victorian house built in 1865. The holiday cottage is ideally located adjacent to the Promenade and the popular Portobello Beach in a much sought after conservation area of the City of Edinburgh.
With easy access to the vibrant wonderful world heritage capital of Scotland, Bunny Cottage is ideal for a relaxing seaside holiday and a city break all in one!
Conveniently located, Bunny Cottage is easily accessible to the eastern end of the ring road and A1. There is an excellent bus service that runs to and from Edinburgh's famous Princes Street with its fantastic shopping opportunities, monuments and superb selection of restaurants. Buses run every ten minutes during the day, take approximately twenty five minute's and allow you to visit Edinburgh’s famous landmarks including The Royal Mile which runs between Edinburgh Castle and the Palace of Holyrood House, with numerous attractions along the way including the Scotch Whisky Heritage Centre, Parliament House, the Brass Rubbing Centre and the Museum of Childhood to name just a few. Buses also take you to Ocean Terminal and HMS Britannia. There is a local station with trains to Edinburgh and Fife Circle - Kirkcaldy and Dunfermline.
The city is famous for its events and festivals including the Edinburgh Film Festival, Edinburgh Military Tattoo, Edinburgh Fringe Festival, Jazz and Blues Festival, International Arts Festival and of course, Edinburgh's famous Hogmanay.
Bunny Cottage provides a peaceful retreat to return home to after an exciting day exploring the city or a lazy day on the beach. There are newsagents/grocers nearby, a good range of shops in Portobello High Street, a variety of local restaurants, cafes and bars close by and also a large out-of-town supermarket and shopping centre just two miles away.
The beach, indoor swimming pool with gym and Turkish baths, and tennis courts are all within easy walking distance and Bunny Cottage provides a superb base from which to visit Edinburgh's many attractions, along with the castles, golf courses and coastal trail of East Lothian as well as the Scottish Borders.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Bunny Cottage Continued
- Sitting room/dining room with a digital Freeview television, DVD and radio/CD player and king-size sofa bed sleeping two guests.
- Fully-fitted kitchen with gas cooker, fridge (with freezer compartment), washing machine and microwave.
- Bedroom which sleeps three and can be made up with either a double and single bed or three single beds.
- Shower room with hand basin, electric shower, WC and shaver point.
Outside: There is a delightful small south-facing courtyard with BBQ.
Additional information: Full gas central heating. Cot is available on request. There is ample free on street parking. Linen and towels provided (please bring beach towels). WiFi internet access available for guest use. Electricity and Gas included in price. No smoking.
Edinburgh Festivals 2017:
- Science Festival: 1 - 16 April
- Imaginate (Children's Festival): 27 May - 4 June
- Film Festival: 21 June - 2 July
- Magic Festival: 30 June - 8 July
- Jazz and Blues Festival: 14 - 23 July
- Edinburgh Art Festival: 27 Jul - 27 Aug
- Edinburgh Tattoo: 4 - 26 Aug
- International Fringe Festival: 4 - 28 Aug
- International Festival: 5 - 29 Aug
- International Book Festival: 12 - 28 Aug
- Storytelling: 20 - 31 Oct
- Christmas and Hogmanay: Dec - Jan
- Pandas at the zoo all year round (it is recommended you pre-book tickets via the Zoo website
Low Season from £420
Mid Season from £480
High Season from £590
Changeover Day: Saturday
Please enquire with owner
Sleeps 3+2 people in 1 bedroom (bedrm sleeps 3; sitting rm sleeps 2 on king-size sofa bed)
Owner: Miranda Gatliff, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Bunny Cottage joined Independent Cottages in April 2012
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 11th August 2017