Feòrag Lodge - Rashfield, Dunoon, Cowal, Argyll and Bute, Loch Lomond and the Trossachs, Scotland - Sleeps 6
Feòrag is Scots Gaelic for the Red Squirrel which abound in the area, making charming and fascinating neighbours. Stay quiet, top up the nut feeder and sit back and watch!
Sleeping up to six guests, Feòrag Lodge is an authentic log cabin offering very comfortable and spacious accommodation - perfect for relaxing and chilling out.
Offering a perfect bolthole, Feòrag Lodge is great for families looking for an adventure and activity based holiday and also couples wanting a romantic getaway. And it is well suited to wildlife enthusiasts, walkers and those those looking for a base from which to explore the Cowal Peninsula, West Argyll and beyond.
Sitting in a lovely position on the Western side of the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park, the lodge is located within the Argyll Forest Park. Benmore Botanic Garden with its wonderful mountainside setting is just a fifteen minute stroll away and offers miles of walking trails. There are also lovely walks directly from the lodge with six miles of trails to explore through the surrounding magical forest where you can discover Puck's Glen waterfall.
Another of the area's attractions is Loch Eck which is seven miles in length and is claimed to be the country's most picturesque freshwater glacial loch - just one mile from Feòrag Lodge. A short car ride will take visitors to the shores of Loch Fyne or the Firth of Clyde and for outdoor activity enthusiasts the local area offers fishing, mountain biking, hiking, golf, canoeing, sailing and plenty of stunning scenery for photographers.
For those who want to explore the wider area, the cities of Glasgow and Edinburgh are under two hours by car and offer a wealth of places to eat and shop as well as many cultural/historic attractions. Perthshire (particularly spectacular in the autumn), The Trossachs and Stirlingshire are also accessible within two hours. A little closer to home (forty five minute drive) is the attractive Georgian town of Inveraray on the west side of Loch Fyne with its beautiful Inverary Castle (where the Dukes of Argyll reside). Closer still and just fifteen minutes away is Dunoon (home to Scotland's largest Highland Gathering each year) with a wide choice of shops, great swimming pool/gym and the James Braid designed Cowal Golf Club for those who'd like a game.
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
Feòrag Lodge Continued
- Spacious double aspect lounge with log walls, vaulted ceiling, flat screen television, DVD player, CD player (both with assorted discs), comfortable seating, a a selection of toys, books and games.
- Master bedroom with king size bed, wardrobe and adequate storage, vaulted ceiling and a big window providing nice views over the forest and Puck’s Glen.
- Bedroom two can be made up as a twin or double room by arrangement and has a vaulted ceiling, wardrobe, additional clothes storage and door (double glazed) providing access out to the grounds.
- Bedroom three is a twin bedroom with two single beds, wardrobe, chest of drawers and another double glazed door leading out to the rear grounds.
- Bathroom with separate electric shower, bath and wash basin. A separate area contains the WC which is set in a cubicle. There is also a large airing cupboard.
- Kitchen/dining area well equipped with dishwasher, fridge/freezer, electric cooker, microwave and washer/tumble dryer, along with a good range of kitchen appliances and utensils. Off the kitchen is the dining area with large table and seating for six guests (plus room for a high chair if you wish to bring one).
- Covered deck area where you can store outdoor gear and relax whilst enjoying your morning coffee or glass of wine as the sun sets behind the magnificent summit of Beinn Mhor.
Additional information: Bed linen, electricity and towels are included. There is private parking for two cars and a picnic table area outside. The lodge has electric heating and double glazing throughout. Cot available for infants (no charge). Under a mile from the lodge is Cot House services where you can stock up on provisions at one of the best priced small supermarkets you'll find.
Low Season from £295
Mid Season from £350
High Season from £395
Peak Season £560
Star Rating: 3 Star
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Twin & 1 Double/Twin)
Owner: Tom Withycombe, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Feòrag Lodge joined Independent Cottages in Nov 2011
For Short Stay or Midweek Stay prices please contact 01935 872852 or property website
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 24th July 2017