Townfoot Farmhouse - Troutbeck, Windermere, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 8
Townfoot Farmhouse sleeps up to eight guests and dates back to the 17th Century. This fabulous five star detached Lakeland retreat oozes character and charm, perfectly blended with modern day luxuries to ensure a high degree of comfort.
Superbly located, the farmhouse nestles in the picturesque Troutbeck Valley, just a short walk from the shores of Lake Windermere right in the very heart of the Lake District National Park. Tucked away from the crowds in an oasis of calm, the farmhouse is perfectly sandwiched between Windermere and Ambleside and only a short drive to the many amenities and attractions these two popular Cumbrian towns have to offer.
Every bit as fabulous inside as out, Townfoot Farmhouse is an excellent choice for discerning friends and families who want to holiday together or celebrate a special occasion. With three living rooms on the ground floor adorned with beams, oak paneling and character, an impressive inglenook with log burner and a beautifully designed kitchen equipped for a full range of catering, there is plenty of space to relax and socialise in comfort. Enjoy morning tea in the sun room or supper in the dining room planning the next day's adventures. When the sun shines make the most of the beautiful outside environment and enjoy alfresco dining whilst soaking up the spectacular views. Then at the end of the day retire to one of the four quaint bedrooms that assure a good night's sleep.
The surrounding area is a walker's paradise. Stroll down to the shore of lake Windermere or explore one of the footpaths leading straight out from the garden onto Wansfell. Wander into Troutbeck and marvel at the beautiful architecture, pick up some groceries at the village store, enjoy lunch at The Mortal Man (serving excellent food!), or tea and cake at the tea rooms.
Alternatively, jump in the car and discover the beauty of the stunning Lakeland scenery with dramatic fells, glorious green valleys, majestic lakes, and pretty woodland bursting into life in the warmer months, colourful in the autumn and quite simply magical when sparkling in the winter.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Townfoot Farmhouse Continued
Accommodation and facilities comprise:
- Entrance porch greeting you with the original most impressive oak door.
- Living room with flag floor, heavily beamed ceiling, inglenook fireplace housing a log burner, flat screen television and comfy seating - all the right ingredients to relax and unwind at the end of the day.
- Second sitting room (the 'snug') accessed off the living room where you can enjoy a quiet moment with a good book relaxing amongst the oak paneling.
- Well equipped kitchen with stylish designer units topped with wooden and granite work surfaces, electric oven/hob with extractor over, large American style fridge/freezer (with ice maker) and dishwasher.
- A dining area is accessible to one end of the kitchen with large table seating eight, and there is also a sun room where you can enjoy your morning coffee overlooking the garden.
- Shower room with fabulous monsoon shower, WC and wash basin. Stairs take you down to...
- King-size bedroom on the lower level with wardrobe, chest of drawers, television and doors taking you outside.
First floor level
- One beautiful super king-size bedroom.
- One bedroom with a king-size bed.
- One double bedroom.
- Two bathrooms which both have a shower over bath, WC, wash basin and heated towel rail.
- You can also access the garden from this level.
Outside: The hillside gardens are large and simply stunning with waterfalls, a summer house, patios providing a choice of places to relax and alfresco dine, and off-road parking for up to three vehicles. Enjoy walking straight out from the garden onto a network of footpaths.
Additional information: WiFi internet access. Dogs are most welcome as are children (please speak to the owner regarding conditions for under twelves). Electricity and heating (eco-friendly biomass) included in the price as well as towels and bed linen.
Low Season from £950
Mid Season from £1350
High Season from £1550
Peak Season £1850
Star Rating: 5 Star
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Saturday
Sleeps 8 people in 4 bedrooms (2 Super-Kings, 1 King & 1 Double)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Alun Knott, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Townfoot Farmhouse joined Independent Cottages in Dec 2016
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 5th July 2017