Tilberthwaite Farm Cottage - Tiberthwaite, Nr Coniston, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 4
Ideally hidden away at the head of the beautiful Tilberthwaite valley, is Tilberthwaite Farm Cottage which provides a cosy retreat, full of character for up to four guests. Once owned by Beatrix Potter, the cottage is ideally situated near to Coniston in the very heart of the Lake District National Park and is part of an 18th Century farmhouse, providing a convenient base from which to explore the many attractions this area has to offer.
Tilberthwaite Farm Cottage is in an enviable position in a tranquil spot and affords superb views over the surrounding fells. Ideally placed for walkers, there are a great choice of walks accessible directly from the front door and within the surrounding area.
The picturesque Lakeland village of Coniston is only three miles from the cottage. Overshadowed by The Old Man, which provides a good challenge for walkers and fell runners, the village is famed for its stunning lake and connections with both Donald Campbell (for speed boat racing) and the art critic John Ruskin, who's house Brantwood, overlooks Coniston lake and is open to the public. The village offers a good choice of pubs serving traditional fare and ale, Coniston Brewery, a fantastic butcher (selling award winning sausages!), supermarket for stocking up on provisions and also a fish and chip shop for those who want a takeaway.
On the outskirts of the village is Lake Coniston which provides plenty of water-based activities to enjoy. Why not hire a boat or canoe and explore the lakes shoreline or take a leisurely cruise on the famous Coniston steam yacht gondola. This spectacular Victorian Steam-powered yacht is owned by the National Trust and allows you to take in the beautiful scenery, along with visiting Brantwood House, garden and tea room and Monk Coniston.
The area also has much to offer cyclists, both along the country lanes and the tracks and trails of Grizedale Forest with its sculptures, visitors centre, cafe and imaginative play park.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Horse Riding Nearby
Tilberthwaite Farm Cottage Continued
Tilberthwaite Farm Cottage provides a cosy retreat full of character sitting in a peaceful position. The owners working sheep farm (where they rear Herdwick sheep, an indigenous breed to the Lakes), provides a fascinating backdrop to a holiday.
The accommodation comprises:
- Open plan lounge with kitchen and dining area offering television, DVD player, Wi-Fi internet access and comfy seating. The kitchen has dishwasher, electric cooker, microwave, fridge and plenty of crockery, cutlery etc. There is also a table with four chairs.
- Spacious double bedroom with pretty pine and rose furnishings.
- Twin bedroom with oak beam adding character and a pine and peach decor. Duvets are bed linen are provided on all beds, along with towels.
- Bathroom with WC, wash basin and electric shower over bath.
- Heating is electric and is nice and cosy.
- The cottage is cleaned and cared for by the owner with a great degree of care.
- Washing service available on request.
- Parking for two cars.
- Children are welcome to play in the yard and will enjoy exploring the surrounding countryside and stream closeby.
Additional information: Unfortunately no pets and no smoking.
Low Season from £385
Mid Season from £400
High Season from £485
Peak Season £570
Star Rating: 3 Star
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (double, twin)
Owner: Dorothy Wilkinson, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Tilberthwaite Farm Cottage joined Independent Cottages in July 2006
Short breaks available from 18th November. Friday or Monday for 3 or 4 nights from £200
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 23rd September 2017