Stybarrow Cottage - Glenridding, Nr Ullswater, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 6
Stybarrow Cottage sleeps six guests and is a delightful traditional Lakeland cottage nicely situated in Glenridding, a scenic village surrounded by mountains on the shores of Ullswater. Wherever you look there are stunning mountain views and plenty of opportunities to catch a glimpse of the lake - all the magical of the Lake District on your doorstep!
Imagine the perfect comfortable self-catering cottage from which you can explore not only the Ullswater valley but also the magnificent scenery of the entire National Park - Stybarrow Cottage may well be just what you're looking for.
Formerly a miner's cottage and built towards the end of the 19th Century, Stybarrow Cottage has over the years been lovingly extended and refurbished to provide a welcoming retreat for families or friends. It is positioned in the very heart of the village of Glenridding and just a short stroll (only minutes) from Ullswater's shoreline. Numerous walks can be accessed from the cottage front door and there are plenty of opportunities for walkers, cyclists, climbers and watersport lovers (including sailing and canoeing).
From the cottage itself you can easily access Helvellyn and the High Street ranges, along with an excellent selection of mountain walks. Or alternatively, enjoy more relaxed strolls around the lake shore, wooded areas and valley. And for those who simply want to relax, Stybarrow Cottage is perfect for escaping the pressures of modern life - a place where you can immerse yourself in the magic of the Lake District.
Ideal for a holiday with the family, an active break with friends or a quiet break to re-charge your batteries!
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Stybarrow Cottage Continued
Stybarrow Cottage provides spacious and airy accommodation laid out over three floors comprising:
Ground floor - an open-plan area
- Well equipped kitchen, dining room and comfy lounge. The kitchen is modern and equipped with an electric oven, hob, microwave, fridge, freezer and washing machine. The lounge area has a three piece suite, television, DVD player, mini Hi-Fi and open fire to relax in front of. An open staircase leads up to...
- Double bedroom at the back of the cottage overlooking the garden and fields.
- Generous size twin bedroom which also affords lovely views - beds are comfortable and made up ready for arrival (bed linen included in the price).
- Bathroom with WC, wash basin and bath.
- Additional cloakroom with WC.
- Separate shower room.
- A stairway leads up to...
- Arguably the nicest room in the cottage with wonderful views, a sofa to curl up on for a quiet moment and double bed where you can lay and enjoy great views of the night sky through the Velux windows.
Additional information: Prices include bed linen and all fuel and electricity costs.
Low Season from £360
Mid Season from £550
High Season from £725
Peak Season £750
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Doubles, 1 Twin)
Owner: Christine Kenyon & John Varley, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Stybarrow Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Nov 2007
Owner's Other Properties
Short breaks available from november to march - from £275.00 for a 3 night break.
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 23rd June 2017