Seathwaite Cottage - Ambleside, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 9
Seathwaite Cottage is a traditional 16th Century cottage which is located in an idyllic rural setting, on the outskirts of the village of Ambleside within the heart of the Lake District National Park. The holiday cottage enjoys a peaceful, tranquil location where you can enjoy wonderful walks directly from the front door.
This is an ideal place to enjoy a relaxing holiday whilst having the added benefit of being just a 10-12 minute walk from the small friendly market town of Ambleside with its restaurants, interesting shops, pubs, tea rooms, museums, Information Centre, cinema etc.
Nestling amongst the fells of Fairfield, Loughrigg and Wansfell, Ambleside is located in a fantastic position just north of Lake Windermere where you can enjoy boat trips around England's largest natural lake. It is the perfect holiday destination if you want to truly relax and escape the chores of cooking, with an enormous variety of quality eating establishments where you can eat out every day if you wish. Alternatively, there are authentic butchers’ shops, bakeries and grocery shops for those who want to sample some local produce and stay in and cook a special supper.
There are many activities available locally to suit all energy levels, including fell walking, rock climbing, mountain biking and sailing. There is walking in this part of the Lake District to suit everyone and even those looking for a more relaxing holiday will enjoy the picturesque walks as well as the small museums and galleries of Ambleside and the surrounding area. There are plenty of attractions to enjoy both locally and within the wider area, whether you want to explore the area by foot, bike or car. The nearest railway station is four miles away at Winderemere and local buses run from there to Ambleside and connect to Hawkshead, Grasmere and Coniston.
Flexible start day offered and short breaks (three night minimum) out of peak season or at short notice.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Seathwaite Cottage Continued
Spacious and elegantly furnished, Seathwaite Cottage is full of character (including original exposed oak beams) and affords a patio and beautiful, multi terraced garden for barbecues and relaxing with panoramic views of Loughrigg and the Langdales.
- Large sitting room/dining area with beams on the ceiling providing lots of character, table with chairs, comfortable seating, Freeview flatscreen television, garden views and a log burning stove - ideal for relaxing on those more chilly nights!
- Kitchen well equipped with fridge, oven (electric), microwave, hob, toaster and kettle.
- Utility room with dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Separate breakfast/family room with table and chairs and views across the garden - this is the ideal place for enjoying a family meal or games.
- Entrance lobby where there is a coat cupboard where you can store shoes, boots and coats.
The barn conversion has two ground floor bedrooms and a shower room opening off an inner lobby, down two steps from the breakfast room as follows:
- Double bedroom fully furnished with double bed, wash bowl and central heating radiator.
- Small adjoining single bedroom, (connecting door can be locked) with single bed, dressing table, radiator and chair.
- Shower room with wash bowl, shower and WC.
From the same lobby the first floor Studio is accessed via a sturdy wooden ladder with handrail and provides couch, kitchenette area with fridge, sink, microwave, dining table and two dining chairs. Please refer to floor plans on owner’s website for full details.
- Master suite with magnificent king-size four poster bed dressed with silk drapes, fitted wardrobes and en-suite shower room with wash basin and WC. Off this room is a sitting area with sofa and small television/DVD player for enjoying a quiet moment and French doors leading out onto the balcony with views over the garden. There is also a dressing area.
- Double bedroom with wash bowl and sitting area with sofa.
- Good size twin bedroom with two single beds and wardrobe.
- Newly fitted family bathroom with bath, wash bowl, WC and shower cubicle.
Outside: Patio area and multi terraced garden with stone built summer house. Parking for two cars, along with one small car. There is a car port that can be used for bike storage.
Additional information: Electricity, bed linen, cleaning, hot water and central heating are included within the price. Well behaved pets by arrangement. This is a non smoking property. A cot, travel cot and high chair are all available (own bedding required).
Low Season from £895
Mid Season from £1155
High Season from £1835
Peak Season £1835
Star Rating: 4 Star
Pets: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 9 people in 5 bedrooms (Doubles, King, Twin, Single)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Brenda Mackey, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Seathwaite Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Jan 2011
Owner's Other Properties
Large detached cottage Idyllic Location Freesat TV & wifi Parking for 2 cars plus smaller one in car port Great for walkers/family holidays Pets by arrangement
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 18th September 2017