Orchard Barn - Applethwaite, Keswick, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 12
Orchard Barn is located within the pretty, highly desirable village of Applethwaite which only has a small number of houses and is just two miles from the popular town of Keswick. It is a peaceful little hamlet where you will see ducks, chickens, goats and sheep wandering along the lane which is quiet from traffic as it does not lead to anywhere.
Riotous blooms of azalea and rhododendron set the surrounding gardens ablaze and streams come tumbling down Skiddaw, alongside the lanes, making their journey to the River Derwent.
Whilst this location is wonderfully peaceful and a walkers paradise, it is only 1.5 miles from Keswick with its numerous pubs, restaurants, shops and attractions. You can either drive there or walk along the road/via the footpaths that cross the village making their way to Latgrigg, Skiddaw or the surrounding woods.
Keswick sits at the very heart of the scenic National Park with majestic lakes to explore, mountains to climb, numerous attractions to enjoy and great days out including:
- Lake Derwentwater where you can enjoy kayaking, dinghy sailing and windsurfing.
- Paragliding and tandem flights.
- The Theatre by the Lakes with an extensive events calendar, and Keswick Cinema.
- 'Cars of the Stars' Museum where you will see all sorts of famous vehicles from Bond cars to bat mobiles (and even Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!).
- Mirehouse' - a splendid country house and garden where Tennyson penned the Morte d'Arthur.
- 'Trotters and Friends' animal farm - a great day out for the little ones.
- Bike hire (including tandems!).
- Keswick Climbing Wall and the Pencil Museum - both great attractions on a rainy day.
- Quad biking at Rookin House.
- Horse riding and pony trekking at Armathwaite Hall.
- Every possible type of outdoor shop should you need any outdoor equipment.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
Orchard Barn Continued
Accommodation and facilities comprise:
- Fantastic lounge at the heart of the property with coal fire, separate kitchen and dining area. Some twenty square feet in size and with patio doors that provide fantastic views, there is ample space to relax, play games and chat about the days adventures over a leisurely supper.
- Kitchen area including dishwasher, microwave, electric cooker and fridge.
- Utility room, separate from the living area with washing machine, tumble drier and freezer.
- Patio providing a lovely place to enjoy a drink as the sun goes down over Bassenthwaite Lake.
- Three first floor bedrooms with wardrobes (one double bedroom and two twins) which share a shower room and a separate cloak room with WC.
- Three further bedrooms (one double and two twin rooms all with Velux windows) are up an additional flight of stairs on the top floor.
Additional information: Bed linen in the Barn (sheets and duvets) are provided but please bring your own towels. Cot available. Heating is by electric storage heaters, with additional electric fires and a cosy coal fire in the lounge (heating is included in the price). There is no additional charge for dogs - two dogs maximum).
Low Season from £990
Mid Season from £1290
High Season from £1890
Peak Season £2300
Star Rating: 3 Star
Pets: Yes 3 or more dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 12 people in 6 bedrooms (2 Doubles, 4 Twins)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Ian & Jennifer Hall, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Orchard Barn joined Independent Cottages in July 2008
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 21st May 2017