Lower Grisedale Lodge - Grisedale Bridge, Nr Glenridding, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 5
Grisedale Lodge sleeps five guests and is a delightful Lakeland house dating back to the Victorian times. Set in a idyllic location, in the heart of the Lake District, near to the southern shores of Ullswater lake, the lodge offers the opportunity for guests to enjoy a peaceful and quiet setting with inspiring views over beautiful Lakeland scenery. Whether you are looking for a family holiday, romantic break, a place to relax and unwind or an activity holiday packed full of energetic walks, bike rides and water sports (including sailing and kayaking), Grisedale Lodge is a superb choice.
You have the choice of either staying in a lovely cottage sleeping five on a self-catering basis or bed and breakfast in three comfy double/twin rooms (some en-suites). Grisedale Lodge is conveniently placed at the mid-point between the villages of Patterdale and Glenridding and is an ideal base from which to explore the Lake District National Park including the popular villages and towns of Keswick, Ambleside and Windermere - all within thirty minutes by car; or Grasmere, the Langdales, Coniston and the Borrowdale Valley just a little further on.
Patterdale is popular with walkers, located directly on Wainwright's Coast to Coast path (running one hundred and ninety two miles from St Bees on the Cumbrian coastline to Robin Hood's Bay in the North York Moors). Grisedale Lodge provides easy access to Helvellyn, Fairfield and St Sunday Crag, along with the High Street range and many valley/woodland walks. Wainwright described The lakeshore walk from Howtown as one of the Lake District's finest - why not explore the breathtaking scenery yourself!
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Lower Grisedale Lodge Continued
Lower Grisedale Lodge is a spacious ground floor cottage which sleeps up to five people in comfort. It is an ideal place for enjoying a relaxing holiday with many of the popular Lakeland attractions within easy reach by car – and with great walking from the doorstep!
The cottage layout is centered around a spacious hall where there is a sofa and peaceful corners for enjoying a quiet moment.
Accommodation and facilities comprise:
- Well equipped fitted kitchen with ample storage space, electric oven/hob, fridge, freezer, microwave, dishwasher, washer/dryer and table with chairs ideal for breakfast.
- Spacious lounge/dining area with television (including Sky Freeview), DVD player, hi-fi, dining table with chairs and comfy seating for relaxing in front of the multi-fuel stove (there is also a storage heater). This room leads into...
- Conservatory with seating where you can relax and look out over the garden.
- Double bedroom.
- Twin bedroom with two single beds.
- Single bedroom - all rooms are heated via storage heaters and have wardrobes providing plenty of space for storage.
- Newly refurbished family bathroom with bath, separate shower, WC and wash basin.
- Garden (which is also used by the owner) with plenty of space for enjoying the peace and tranquility and for the little ones to play and let off steam.
- Parking for up to two cars is available and there is bike storage (and storage for outdoor gear).
- Cot and highchair available – please ask the owner for details.
- Free Wi-Fi available.
Low Season from £360
Mid Season from £550
High Season from £725
Peak Season £750
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 5 people in 3 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin, 1 Single)
Owner: Christine Kenyon & John Varley, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Lower Grisedale Lodge joined Independent Cottages in Nov 2007
Owner's Other Properties
Short breaks available from november to march - from £275.00 for a 3 night break.
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 28th May 2017