Fell Cottage - Fellfoot, Staveley, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 4
Fell Cottage sleeps four guests in two en-suite bedrooms and provides a very high standard of pet friendly holiday accommodation in the Lake District National Park.
Lovingly restored and furnished, this delightful cottage sits less than a miles stroll from the centre of the bustling Lakeland village of Staveley in the South East of the National Park. Located slightly off the beaten track, Fell Cottage provides a peaceful retreat to escape the crowds, yet it is just a short drive to the popular tourist villages of Bowness, Windermere, Grasmere and Ambleside.
The village has much to offer with a selection of shops, three pubs, a railway station and a bike hire shop. Walking and cycling are very popular pursuits in this area with plenty of diverse paths and tracks to explore either on foot or bike. Lake Windermere, is just a few miles away and offers water based activities including a number of boat trips such as the ferry which runs between Grizedale Forest Park and Lakeside Aquarium. There are also plenty of attractions to suit all ages including the Windermere Steamboat Museum for history lovers with a nautical interest and the 'World of Beatrix Potter' in Bowness for children (including the older ones!).
With a background in hospitality, the owners have been able to offer two fantastic award winning holiday cottages that are ideal for families, groups and couples. With a high level of attention to detail, everything has been provided to make your holiday an enjoyable one and a retreat that you will want to return to time and time again.
As dog owners themselves, the owners appreciate just how difficult it can be to find dog friendly accommodation that does not compromise quality, which is what makes Fell Cottage ideal for discerning pet owners. Sumptuous fabrics, carefully chosen art, high quality furniture and a sauna are just a few of the luxuries you can expect to find when you visit the cottage.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Fell Cottage Continued
Fell Cottage is a mill workers cottage dating back to the mid19th Century. Restored, furnished and equipped to an exceptionally high standard, the cottage has every modern convenience you will need for a memorable stay.
- Handy entrance porch leading into...
- Cosy lounge with two knowl sofas, electric feature fireplace, television with Sky Freeview, DVD, CD player and lovely views of the fields and fells.
- Spacious fully fitted oak kitchen/diner with slate floors, electric hob, oven, dishwasher, fridge freezer and farmhouse table with four chairs for dining in front of a cast iron multifuel stove.
- King-size bedroom with the same wonderful views as the lounge. The bed is dressed with Egyptian cotton bedding, goose down duvet and pillows and there is plenty of wardrobe space and a dressing table. The window seat allows you to watch the wildlife whilst enjoying your morning cup of tea. The en-suite shower room is tiled in striking heather slate and has a powerful thermostatic shower, wash basin, WC, heated towel rail and underfloor heating.
- Bedroom two offers a flexible sleeping arrangement with a king-size bed that can be split and made up as two singles by arrangement. This room also has a tiled en-suite shower room with wash basin, WC, powerful thermostatic shower, heated towel rail and underfloor heating.
Outside: At the back of the cottage are two outhouses. The first, houses a wonderful luxury sauna to help you relax and unwind and the second is a utility room with washer/dryer. Please note that the area directly outside the cottage back door is shared with the residents of the other cottages. From here a pathway takes you up a couple of steps to the lovely enclosed garden with a variety of shrubs, plants, wild flowers and patio area with garden table, chairs and barbecue. There is a small cottage style garden at the front of the cottage with bench seating and plenty of parking directly across the road from the cottage.
Additional information: Dogs are welcome at a charge of £15 per dog (please ensure that dogs are not left in the cottage alone and are never left unattended in the communal area outside the cottage back door). For non pet owners, please be assured that extra time is taken to remove any evidence of a pet every staying. Why not add an extra touch of luxury to your stay with a pre-bookable romantic package. This includes a bottle of Champagne on ice for your arrival, a bunch of roses and fluffy bathrobes to use during your stay.
Low Season from £480
Mid Season from £670
High Season from £870
Peak Season £1000
Star Rating: 4 Star Gold
Pets: Yes 3 or more dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 King & 1 King/Small Twin)
Owner: Philip & Morven, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Fell Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Nov 2012
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 20th August 2017