Dolphin Cottage - Flookburgh, Nr Morecambe Bay, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 12
Dolphin Cottage sleeps up to twelve guests and is a detached holiday home, thought to date back to the early 19th Century when it was formerly a coaching inn. Located in the heart of the small fishing village of Flookburgh within the centre of the Lake District Peninsula, Dolphin Cottage is less than a mile from the sands of Morecambe Bay and just two miles from Cartmel with its beautiful Priory, popular racecourse set in idyllic woodland and famous 'Sticky Toffee Pudding' Shop!
After extensive refurbishment and modernisation, this charming cottage now provides spacious holiday accommodation of a high standard whilst retaining character features including the original blue slate floors on the ground floor and lovely log burner in the sitting room. Cosy in the winter months in front of a crackling fire, the rear courtyard with decking area also makes it ideal in the warmer months, where you can relax and enjoy an alfresco meal.
Flookburgh is an ancient working village with a corner shop, fish and chip shop, pharmacy, speciality butchers and two pubs where you can enjoy a meal. Many of its buildings date back to the 1600's and it is ideal for a relaxing holiday or to use as a base from which to explore the Lake Districts many attractions. Flookburgh is just six miles from Lakeside which sits at the southern end of Lake Windermere. Lakeside is home to the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway, The Aquarium of the Lakes and Windermere Lake Cruises. The Edwardian resort of Grange Over Sands is two and a half miles away, where you will find quaint shops, good restaurants, promenade and golf courses. The wonderful house and gardens of Holker Hall are just down the road in Cark and there are plenty of great walks that can be enjoyed from Flookburgh including the Cumbria Coastal Way offering stunning scenery.
Other local attractions include: Ducky's Park Farm in Flookburgh; Lakeland Miniature Village (just around the corner from Dolphin Cottage); Humphrey Head which is a popular view point with fantastic views across Morcambe Bay, Wraysholme Tower which is nearly eight hundred years old, and the historic market town of Ulverston with its wealth of markets, shops, arts, crafts and year round programme of festivals and events.
A little further afield you have Windermere, Kendal, Coniston and Hawkshead - all providing plenty of attractions and activities to enjoy.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
Dolphin Cottage Continued
- Kitchen fitted with beech worktops, Belfast sink, built in fridge, fridge/freezer, hob, Gas cooker with double oven and large Welsh dresser.
- Utility/boot room with Gas central heating boiler, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer. There is plenty of room for a large pet bed and storing outdoor clothing.
- Spacious open plan dining room with two tables, twelve chairs, CD player/radio and Oak fireplace surround.
- Snug living room with modern leather three piece suite, LCD flat panel television, DVD player and lovely woodburning stove.
- One king size bedroom.
- Family bedroom with king size bed and additional single bed.
- Twin bedroom with two single beds which can be pushed together if desired. There is also a travel cot if required.
- Family bathroom containing WC, wash basin, bath and large shower cubicle.
- Further staircase leads to...
- Large open plan living area with a two seater sofa bed, two arm chairs, Freeview digital television and DVD player.
- Shower room containing a large shower cubicle, WC and wash basin.
- Single bedroom with bed.
- Family bedroom with two low stakka beds and two single beds - this room is flooded with daylight when the blind is open by a high level Velux roof window.
Additional information: Pets accepted at a charge of £10.00 per pet. All bed linen and towels are provided and included in the price. BT broadband internet connection with free Wi-Fi. Short breaks (three night minimum) available during the 'winter' period - please enquire with the owner. Unfortunately no stag or hen parties. Outside catering may be available by arrangement with the pub in the nearby village - please speak to the owner regarding this. There is off road parking for three to four cars. The rear courtyard is secure for both children and pets.
Low Season from £478
Mid Season from £636
High Season from £831
Peak Season £1228
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 12 people in 5 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Twin,1 Single, 2 Family rms + sofa bed)
Group booking details:
All male groups: No
All female groups: No
Catering Available: No
Owner: Mike & Fiona Myers, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Dolphin Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Jan 2012
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 19th August 2017