Beckside Cottage (house) - Lowick, Nr Coniston, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 6
Beckside Cottage sleeps up to six guests and is the perfect rural holiday retreat, located in an enviable position, in the quiet hamlet of Lowick Green, just two miles from the most southern tip of Coniston Water. With the A590 just four miles away, the cottage offers easy access to the many attractions of the Lake District with the market town of Ulverston and the village of Coniston just fifteen minutes away by car.
Boasting three comfortable bedrooms, Beckside Cottage is an ideal retreat for friends who want to spend time together or a family holiday. With a log burner and super garden to the side and rear (complete with stream for dipping your toes in) it is perfect at any time of the year.
With beautiful mountains, clear water lakes and open fells, the Lake District has so much to offer and has inspired several literary greats including Beatrix Potter and William Wordsworth. With some of England’s finest scenery, it is little wonder that the Lake District attract so many visitors who return time and time again. While the popular areas of Ambleside and Windermere attract the majority of the visitors, those who are in the know, head for the quieter areas including the south-western peninsula where mountains meet the coast to provide unique and dramatic vistas.
With a multitude of tourist attractions, outdoor activities and historical sites within easy reach, this part of the Lakes has much to offer. For those who enjoy walking the mountains of Scafell, Skiddaw and Helvellyn provide fantastic challenges, whilst the less energetic can enjoy the lower level routes where you can wander among the stone-walled fields and lakes. The lakes offer plenty of activities to suit all moods - why not visit Windermere or Coniston water and enjoy exhilarating watersports or take a relaxing lake cruise on a steam-powered boat. If you prefer peace and quiet then visit the more secluded lakes of Wastwater and Buttermere.
Locally there are cycle rides or walks that can be enjoyed directly from the cottage front door and Grizedale Forest is just four miles away with its plethora of tracks and trails for walkers and mountain bikers (bikehire available). There are two friendly pubs within walking distance of the cottage and the local shops including a butcher, wine merchant, post office, baker and fish and chip shop are just three miles away in Greenodd.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Beckside Cottage (house) Continued
- To the rear of the cottage is a little entrance porch (perfect for boots etc) which leads into the hall of this 'reverse accommodation' house. This back entrance door also leads out onto a lovely paved patio with table and chairs, ideal for morning coffee or alfresco dining.
- Off the lower hall are three bedrooms (a twin and two king size doubles), each tastefully and carefully furnished with a different Lakeland theme - Wordsworth, Bluebird and Potter. The master has a king-size bed with en-suite shower room and the other king-size double shares a family bathroom (with large bath and separate shower cubicle) with the twin bedroom.
- Upstairs you immediately enter the spacious living room with large windows allowing the light to flood in and providing delightful views over the garden and surrounding countryside. There are comfortable sofas, a feature stone fireplace with Gas fire, large flat screen television with a range of Sky channels and a baby grand piano making a wonderful focal point of the room. The lounge leads into...
- Dining room and large well equipped kitchen with log burning stove where you can create a wonderful atmosphere for enjoying supper (additional television with digital channels).
- External boot/utility/wash room for storing bikes and walking gear - the washing machine and tumble dryer are housed here.
Outdoors: The large garden offers a lovely mix of light and shade which is created by small trees, shrubs, lawn and rockery. New for 2016 is an decked sun platform over the stream. You can enjoy the views through the trees towards the Coniston mountain range and there is a small stream running through the garden (please take care with young children). There is private off road parking for up to four cars.
Additional information: Linen, bath mats, towels and tea towels included along with cleaning, heating, electricity and unlimited hot water. All essential items (e.g. toilet roll, cleaning items, dishwasher tablets etc) are also provided. Short breaks are welcome at short notice (three weeks prior to arrival) or out of season and flexible start dates can be offered.
Low Season from £425
Mid Season from £525
High Season from £725
Peak Season £850
Star Rating: 4 Star
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (2 King-size Doubles, 1 Twin)
Owner: Emma Carrick, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Beckside Cottage (house) joined Independent Cottages in Oct 2011
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 22nd June 2017
Approximate Location of Beckside Cottage (house)
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book