Annies Cottage and Well Cottage - Manston, Nr Broadstairs, Ramsgate and Margate, Kent, England - Sleeps 2+2
Annie's Cottage and Well Cottage each sleep two to four guests and are part of a historic unique property known as Manston Court. This beautiful, very old Grade II listed building sits on the edge of Manston Village, in the heart of the Isle of Thanet on the Kent coastline, just four miles from Broadstairs, Margate and Ramsgate beaches.
This popular part of the Kent coast is well known and much loved for its pretty villages and lovely sandy beaches (some of which have Blue Flag status). The area offers plenty of attractions to suit all ages including historic castles at Dover, Deal and Walmer; museums; nature reserves at Sandwich and Ramsgate; Howletts Zoo outside Canterbury and traditional British seaside fun at Broadstairs and Margate, along with a vibrant art scene with the new Turner Gallery.
There are plenty of golf courses both in Manston and Broadstairs, as well as the Royal St Georges in Sandwich (just twenty minutes away), famed for holding the Open Championships. The area also has much to offer walkers with its coastal paths and cyclists with the Viking Trail easily accessible.
The historic City of Canterbury is within easy reach and has much to offer with its shops, restaurants and cathedral. The towns of Folkestone and Dover are too just a thirty to forty five minute drive, where you can take a ferry or high speed train to France for a day trip. For those wanting to stay closer to home, Westwood Cross Shopping Centre offers a large choice of shops, restaurants and a multi screen cinema and is just two miles away.
Whether you are looking for a romantic, relaxing, cultural or energetic holiday, this part of Kent is sure to please.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Annies Cottage and Well Cottage Continued
Annie's Cottage is a characterful one bedroom, 4 Star holiday cottage with a wealth of exposed brick, beams and flint walls. The cottage overlooks the large private garden area to the front of Manston Court, and there is a seating area allowing guests to enjoy alfresco dining, or to just relax whilst soaking up the peaceful ambiance of the property in the sunshine. Annie's Cottage is a perfect romantic retreat for couples with the added flexibility of a bed settee in the sitting room allowing for two additional guests if required.
Accommodation and facilities:
- Sitting/dining room with very large inglenook housing an original bakers oven. The pretty windows and beamed ceiling help to create a lovely cosy feel. This room is ideal for relaxing in whilst watching a film on the large flat screen television (with Freeview) and DVD player or listening to music.
- Well equipped kitchen with electric hob, oven and grill, microwave oven, fridge with ice box and washing machine/tumble dryer.
- Bathroom with a shower over the bath, WC and wash basin.
- First floor bedroom with very comfortable king-size zip and link bed and spacious walk in wardrobe.
- Parking outside the cottage in a private courtyard.
Well Cottage has a much more modern feel and provides bright, charming holiday accommodation. Formerly a well house and pump room, it is all on one level and may be suitable for people with limited mobility (please discuss your requirements with the owner prior to booking to ensure the cottage meets your personal needs both inside and out). There is one double bedroom and again this cottage has a bed settee in the sitting room, accommodating an extra two guests if required. Well Cottage has been awarded 3 Star Gold by the English Tourism Council.
Accommodation and facilities:
- Well equipped kitchen area with electric cooker and hob, refrigerator with freezer box, microwave oven and washer/dryer.
- Sitting area with flat screen television with Freeview and DVD player. There is also a dining area with table and chairs seating four.
- Pretty bedroom directly off the sitting room with double bed, bedside cabinets and double wardrobe.
- Adjoining well equipped en-suite shower room with WC and wash basin.
- Off road parking available directly outside the premises, along with a seating area outside the cottage ideal for alfresco dining, or enjoying a glass of wine in the sun.
Additional information: Prices include electricity, heating, hot water, towels (please bring your own beach towels) and linen. Short breaks may be available - please enquire with the owner. Manston Court is part of a cluster of buildings noted in the Doomsday Book and is located in a quiet semi rural location just outside Manston village. The cottages are family friendly, and a high chair and travel cot can be provided upon request.
Low Season from £235
Mid Season from £320
High Season from £365
Peak Season £435
Star Rating: 4 Star
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 2+2 people in 1 bedroom (Both cottages offer 1 Double + Sofa bed in sitting room)
Owner: Suzanne Box, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Annies Cottage and Well Cottage joined Independent Cottages in March 2012
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 18th August 2017